Ankeny
QB- Purdy
RB- Sargent
RB- Kene
WR- Milton
WR- D. Jones
WR- Smith-Marsette
TE- Kolar
OL- All Iowa, except Knipfel. But JGJ might be pushing Paulsen with how he dominated Epenesa.

DE- Bailey
DL- Lima
DL- Gholston
DE- Epenesa
LB- Rose
LB- Vance
LB- Spears
CB- Johnson III
CB- Hankins
S- Stone
S- Eisworth

Gholston over Enyi? I think Downing has to be on there too

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I will never understand why Fat Stanley is considered an NFL prospect. Has he ever connected on a long pass? I have watched plenty of Iowa football and I just don't see him ever playing in an NFL regular season game.
Well to be fair you don't have to be the most talented college quarterback to play in the NFL. There have been plenty of average college quarterbacks that have had the intangibles that got drafted and spent a lot of time as a back up and made a great career out of it.

Stanley from day 1 at Iowa has been talked about as a guy that has the intangibles, but needs to show that he can consistently be good. He has not been consistently good since he's been the starting QB. He's had games where he's looked great and he's had games that he has looked terrible. I believe he'll find his way onto a team one way or another.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Can you imagine had they not benched him vs Drake??
Here's an interesting anecdote about Brock Purdy in that game.. He's continuously dragged for that game for some reason, when in reality he played okay considering he was wearing two lineman gloves because gripping the football was basically impossible.

Although he was wearing two lineman gloves he completed 68.2% of his passes and had a passer rating of 141.6. Let's compare that completion percentage and the passer rating to Nate Stanley's entire career.

2017 - Stanley never threw at or above 68.2% in one game, and 141.6 was a better passer rating than 46% of Stanley's games.

2018 - Stanley threw at or above 68.2% one time, and 141.6 was a better passer rating than 46% of Stanley's games.

2019 - So far Stanley has thrown above 68.2% one time, and has 1 game better than a 141.6 passer rating.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
And Minnesota isn’t 0-3
Every single P5 team in the country should be 3-0 with that crap schedule. Minnesota is barely 3-0 and have barely snuck by teams that should have been easy wins for a Big Ten team.

And they will probably make a bowl game because they will sneak by other horrible teams like Rutgers and Illinois. If they get to 6 wins they will be the worst bowl team in college football history.

Keep defending that joke of a conference though. A conference where Kansas wouldn't even be in the cellar.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Edited. It will be 1-2 years before Iowa fans say we can't replace Purdy
I'll say it now. You can't replace Purdy. If you didn't have him right now I think you maybe would even struggle to be bowl eligible. With him I think 8 or 9 wins is likely.

• Funny
Reactions: CyPunch

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll say it now. You can't replace Purdy. If you didn't have him right now I think you maybe would even struggle to be bowl eligible. With him I think 8 or 9 wins is likely.

I mean we don't really know what we have in Mitchell and we have a great defense but I agree Purdy is a difference maker

• Funny
Reactions: criticalobserver

Help Support Us

Become a patron