All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What do your sources say about KF? The handful of players and ex coaches that I know or that friends of mine know all speak highly of him. And yes these are black and white men. Just curious what you hear.
All but one of my sources are fed up with him. His "good guy" image was always there even when he wasn't winning titles. Now that that's gone they want a change. The other one still loves Kirk and thinks he's making changes. He was pretty quiet about the refusing to take a paycut thing though lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkmi

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
Indiana isn’t much. They had one good comeback last year. Remember they got beat around by a team with a losing record in their bowl game. Big ten is OSU and who?
Lots of unknowns from the PAC12 and Big 10. Conference leaders gave up on a season without trying to think it could be possible. Poor leadership filtered down and I think many players saw it as a money grab trying to throw together a last minute season. So many didn’t take their season seriously.

Dirt Boy 2

Feb 23, 2013
Iowa and Kansas State? I know it's your Super Bowl but the talent gap is really big there
It could happen. ISU plays a round robin schedule in a conference with a lot talent. Kansas and Tech might be the only breaks in the schedule. Not like it is filled with a bunch of below .500 teams.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I was coaching we had a few kids with ACL tears everyone of them came back full strength the following year. One qualified for 3 events including 400 hurdles @ state 6 months after injury.

My son tore his and meniscus damage in October at age 9. He played travel ball in the spring then tried out and made a majors team after World Series.

I'd say being held out in the spring is precautionary.
My son tore his ACL in football and had Dr orders for no hurdles or jumping and if he did blocks he could not push off with his injured knee for a year. He had the ISU doctors. I have never heard of a dr allowing a kid to do hurdles 6 months after ACL surgery.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My son tore his ACL in football and had Dr orders for no hurdles or jumping and if he did blocks he could not push off with his injured knee for a year. He had the ISU doctors. I have never heard of a dr allowing a kid to do hurdles 6 months after ACL surgery.
Cadaver ligament or hamstings?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Cadaver ligament or hamstings?
His hamstring wrapped around a cadaver. What Warme likes. He was a wrestler so they wouldn’t use his patella tendon like most. What he used when he did the Sandman’s he said. Now they are starting to harvest from the quad.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
His hamstring wrapped around a cadaver. What Warme likes. He was a wrestler so they wouldn’t use his patella tendon like most. What he used when he did the Sandman’s he said. Now they are starting to harvest from the quad.
My son was a couple hamstring wrapped from his calf. Used Wolf in IC. He was 9 at the time. Had his HS graduation yesterday.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My son was a couple hamstring wrapped from his calf. Used Wolf in IC. He was 9 at the time. Had his HS graduation yesterday.
Son said he would not have the hamstring done again. Can still tell where they took it from. He was never as explosive on runs as he was before. He had surgery first part of September and by Christmas the PT lady said it was as rehabbed as it would get, but wasn’t even allowed to wrestle sectionals with a large brace on or do any jumping or push off with it later.

Studies over time have shown blood flow does not start in the transplant until 6 months after surgery. 9 months will get you to 50% of regular and it is 2 years to get flow back to 100%. Why I really question if that hurdler was released for hurdles after 6 months or he didn’t mention that part to the doctor.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Son said he would not have the hamstring done again. Can still tell where they took it from. He was never as explosive on runs as he was before. He had surgery first part of September and by Christmas the PT lady said it was as rehabbed as it would get, but wasn’t even allowed to wrestle sectionals with a large brace on or do any jumping or push off with it later.

Studies over time have shown blood flow does not start in the transplant until 6 months after surgery. 9 months will get you to 50% of regular and it is 2 years to get flow back to 100%. Why I really question if that hurdler was released for hurdles after 6 months or he didn’t mention that part to the doctor.
The cadaver had a 55% chance of rupture. Where the hamstring after rehab is no higher than a healthy ACL. You are right his back to full Strength was over a year after that he couldn't tell the difference Strength or agility wise.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The cadaver had a 55% chance of rupture. Where the hamstring after rehab is no higher than a healthy ACL. You are right his back to full Strength was over a year after that he couldn't tell the difference Strength or agility wise.
My son had both, hamstring and cadaver, Warme likes to make them beefy so they stand the best chance to survive. The risk of ACL rupture after surgery is always higher than before due to the lack of blood flow being lower. The blood flow is the major issue with ACLs.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Well we’re not losing to Iowa or KState for sure. OU will be unbelievably tough so loss in Norman is possible. Texas is at home, really really unlikely. Okie st is a home too, with bad injury or something it’s possible there’s a weird loss there but we are way more talented than them so that’s unlikely.

TL;DR - Terrible post from a troll that is complete trash.
To not be worried about Iowa or KSU is naive.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
To not be worried about Iowa or KSU is naive.
I know that. And I’m never ever comfortable going into the Iowa game regardless of circumstances because of all the weird **** that happens every time in that game.

But making a ridiculous point are being made all over this thread by hoc trolls so I figured I would make one of my own.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I know that. And I’m never ever comfortable going into the Iowa game regardless of circumstances because of all the weird **** that happens every time in that game.

But making a ridiculous point are being made all over this thread by hoc trolls so I figured I would make one of my own.
This will be the first time I can remember our Oline will be better than their dline. Plus our dline v. Their OL is no less than a push. The rest of the O & D are heavily in our favor.

Special teams we've added a couple big legs and with everyone returning our coverage teams should be upgraded by the wealth of talent waiting in the wings gaining experience.

I think we win going away.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
This will be the first time I can remember our Oline will be better than their dline. Plus our dline v. Their OL is no less than a push. The rest of the O & D are heavily in our favor.

Special teams we've added a couple big legs and with everyone returning our coverage teams should be upgraded by the wealth of talent waiting in the wings gaining experience.

I think we win going away.
oh I wish I could count how many times I felt that way from the other direction.