Alabama Basketball - Murder Investigation

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
It's ok to admit you had no idea what they alleged happened and just sit this one out.

Again, even if it doesn't amount to criminal liability the act of providing a murderer with a murder weapon should at least get you some time on the bench. But hey, important stuff like a national championship is on the line so whatever, right?

All the 2nd Amendment people always tell me that guns don't kill people, people kill people. Maybe I'm getting brainwashed.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Geez, freshman hazing used to be making them sing the fight song in front of the team. Now it involves providing a teammate with a murder weapon. Times have changed.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Did he know what the gun would be used for.

If you're roommate asked you to bring him his hunting rifle, and then later your roommate used that hunting rifle, would you be criminally responsible?
We're not talking the Alabama woods. We're talking guy's cruising the strip in a college town after midnight and his teammate calls to bring his gun! Not only did he bring the gun, he also drove them around.

Definitely sounds like he is in deep crap. And if Oat's and the Bama AD knew these details, at a minimum he should have been suspended. Heck, what is the Bama President thinking!!

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
The fact that Oats has been admonishing schools (Missouri here) about students heckling the players about it, saying,

"If people want to be ignorant and say things that are completely out of line ... this isn't a case where somebody got in some light trouble," Oats said Friday. "These are serious matters. There is a 5-year-old that doesn't have a mother anymore. This is not, to me, something students should be joking about. If somebody does happen to say something, I told our guys 'You've got to be strong enough, tough enough, to just say we're here to play basketball.'"

Meanwhile, he knew (or at least likely knew) full well what the actual facts were is incredibly ****** and damning. I'd be flat out irate if I were an Alabama fan at this point, and would have been weeks ago. This reeks of a desire to be 'good' at basketball and allowing an accomplice to a murder to continue to play on your basketball team. Sick. The NCAA should throw the hammer down on Alabama if their Athletic Department won't have the guts to do it themselves.

I'm sure the victim, may she rest in peace, fully supports those involved catching hell for it. Her family probably does too.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
If your friend called you from a club at 1:00am and asked you to bring him his rifle and give it to him outside the club, would you?
Yeah, this falls along the lines- Friends Don't Let Friends Drive Drunk!! Miller definitely had the choice to say no gun!

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
Oats seems intent on digging his own grave, despite having ample opportunity to distance himself from the situation.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
The fact that Oats has been admonishing schools (Missouri here) about students heckling the players about it, saying,

"If people want to be ignorant and say things that are completely out of line ... this isn't a case where somebody got in some light trouble," Oats said Friday. "These are serious matters. There is a 5-year-old that doesn't have a mother anymore. This is not, to me, something students should be joking about. If somebody does happen to say something, I told our guys 'You've got to be strong enough, tough enough, to just say we're here to play basketball.'"

Meanwhile, he knew (or at least likely knew) full well what the actual facts were is incredibly ****** and damning. I'd be flat out irate if I were an Alabama fan at this point, and would have been weeks ago. This reeks of a desire to be 'good' at basketball and allowing an accomplice to a murder to continue to play on your basketball team. Sick. The NCAA should throw the hammer down on Alabama if their Athletic Department won't have the guts to do it themselves.

Hasn't he been known to be a POS for awhile now? To reach his level of success often comes with being selfish or narcissistic.

Reactions: cyfan964

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Hasn't he been known to be a POS for awhile now? To reach his level of success often comes with being selfish or narcissistic.

Isn’t he the one that we all raised money for on here?

I doubt he’s a bad guy. But he probably deserves to be fired for this.