AJ Green Leaves the Portal - Staying in Draft

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well they are the same people so you're right.

I think there was a time when UNI was just kind of its own thing and then as Hokdom grew so did the 'I'm a fan of them once a year' deal.

Grew up in a UNI/ISU house and I can tell you UNI was the bigger brand in Eastern Iowa by quite a bit and that was in the midst of Haydenism.

• Winner
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Looks like another North Carolina sports guy put in a CB for Duke as well. I used to be able to look up their accuracy rates, but for some reason can’t find them anymore.

The accuracy is overrated and misleading. They can change their crystal ball pick up until the very announcement is made. So if it gets leaked before the official announcement they can switch it right before it happens and get credit for accuracy.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
what a turd burglar
I think there was a time when UNI was just kind of its own thing and then as Hokdom grew so did the 'I'm a fan of them once a year' deal.

Grew up in a UNI/ISU house and I can tell you UNI was the bigger brand in Eastern Iowa by quite a bit and that was in the midst of Haydenism.
I may have to put these in my 'great' adjectives/nouns list! Paganism/Haydenism. Has a nice rhyme to it. Nice.
(Most all, except a few good ones) Hawk fans need to stay out of all threads.
FIFY. Because Hawk fans are dirty rotten turd burglars.

That was satisfying.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
6h1aa7.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Just curious. What was the pivot recruiting point for you on last years team?
No doubt it was the final addition of Izaiah Brockington. He was our 'last piece' in the recruiting class, and turned into our best player. He literally took us to the next level.

Similarly, AJ Green could make as big a difference, or even more, potentially, to this years team.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: ChickenNuggetMan

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think we are counting on him to help us score more than 35 ppg

He’ll definitely help in doing that, but I’m just saying he’s no Brockington kind of difference maker.

He would definitely help though, that’s for sure!

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
Fascinating thread. I've literally been watching AJ Green for eight years, with four in the MVC at Cedar Falls High and another four in the MVC at UNI. He's a nice player and it'd be a nice story if he played his COVID bonus with his dad at ISU, but his acquisition certainly doesn't strike me as a "make or break" event. JMHO.

I grew up in small-town central Iowa, left the state for 15 years after ISU, and have now lived in Iowa City for 22 years. I know many UNI alum and sadly, would estimate that >75% of them identify as hok fans. I fail to understand this, as UNI has winning programs across the board and is a likeable school with a fine reputation. Sad.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
If we’re depending on AJ Green to make the same difference as Brockington did for us last year….. a lot of people are going to be very disappointed IMO.
What!?! Brockington is as a career ~9
ppg scorer coming into last year. Green is a career 18ppg scorer. You would have been foolish to expect IB to score 17 a game - but Green should easily be in that range.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What!?! Brockington is as a career ~9
ppg scorer coming into last year. Green is a career 18ppg scorer. You would have been foolish to expect IB to score 17 a game - but Green should easily be in that range.

I sure hope you’re right…. we shall see.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron