Adam Haluska talks Eustachy and his transfer to that team to the east...

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
There was a Valley HS grad, Matt Scott, who did this in the late 80's. He came to ISU under Johnny but never got to play, so he transferred to TOE. He lives about a mile from me now and is married to a highschool classmate of mine. It is humorous how much hatred he has for ISU even though TOE never showed him any love while he was actually IN highschool.

Sounds like a jerkoff

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I was glad our fans let him have it when he came back to Hilton. Was booed every time he touched the ball. Adam is not a Cyclone in the slightest bit.
That was some amazing vitriol, it was awesome. I'd put it top 3 in most hate shown to a single opposing player.

1. Pierre Pierce (no means no, he's a rapist, etc)
2. David Harrison's senior year
3. Adam Haluska's constant boo party

I'm sure there's probably been worse but it was probably before my time.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
Roughest crowd I ever saw was towards Steve Stipanovich. If memory serves, he "accidentally" shot himself a year earlier (there is some question of that) and a very large number of students had cap guns or corked guns in Hilton during the game. Cy fans were shooting them off when he was at the line and introduced.
Scott Skiles had been arrested a few times at MSU and when he came to Hilton, most of the student section was wearing handcuffs and or holding some in the air.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I was glad our fans let him have it when he came back to Hilton. Was booed every time he touched the ball. Adam is not a Cyclone in the slightest bit.

Towards the end of the game there was a rather vocal chant of "You can keep him" if I remember right. That being said he's still a traitor.

His little brother did all right if I remember right he married Shelly Mossman from the WBB team. She was cute and smart both.

Reactions: wxman1

DeBruzzio

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
Fort Dodge native
Roughest crowd I ever saw was towards Steve Stipanovich. If memory serves, he "accidentally" shot himself a year earlier (there is some question of that) and a very large number of students had cap guns or corked guns in Hilton during the game. Cy fans were shooting them off when he was at the line and introduced.
Scott Skiles had been arrested a few times at MSU and when he came to Hilton, most of the student section was wearing handcuffs and or holding some in the air.
Didn't they have "Suicude Steve" signs also?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Actually, him and his two AAU buds define Iowa basketball for the last quarter century.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Not sure there many ISU fans that care about hearing any minutes on a podcast from Haluska.

Same ones who take time out of their day to watch the hawks play just because they hate him then post about it all over here.

I barely have enough time to do the things I like, can't imagine how so many people have that much time to follow a team they hate.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'll never forget @brentblum 's article in the ISU Daily the week before the game where Haluska came back to town. Kindly reminded us the backstory and to make sure to show up to "raz" the guy.

Flattery

Jun 3, 2015
Seeing Haluska wearing that ugly black Hawk jersey was seriously like watching him turn into Darth Vader.

Also, somewhat refreshing to hear him speak well of Larry, who he gives a lot of credit as a motivator and a recruiter.

Reactions: Lamoni

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Seeing Haluska wearing that ugly black Hawk jersey was seriously like watching him turn into Darth Vader.

Also, somewhat refreshing to hear him speak well of Larry, who he gives a lot of credit as a motivator and a recruiter.
Quite honestly, the majority of ISU players that played for LE speak highly of him. The guy challenged you, and some people will dispute how he did it, but he was able to get people to achieve things they never thought they could do.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

Ben Berg

Feb 7, 2018
Carroll, IA
I remember growing up right down the street from Adam, never realized how much he sounded like Campbell lol. Carroll, IA's lone major sport professional athlete.