A&M Breakdown

SpreadsheetAg

Oct 27, 2009
I saw Nolan Cromwell and wondered if it was the same Nolan Cromwell of the L.A. Rams -- one of the best safeties in the NFL -- and it is.

Good analysis, woodie

One and the same... want to see something funny? There is a YouTube video out there called Rammin' (or something like that). It's a late 70s / early 80s "rap" video by the LA Rams football team that features Nolan Cromwell. His lines are something like "Dodge City Dove, Orange County King, We're the LA Rams, and we're gonna play clean" (something like that)...

It's hysterical

TxAg73

Oct 25, 2009
I started a thread on Sunday that gave a breakdown of our team, you can prolly few it in my profile.

I hope your 2 A's are healthy, otherwise I think you guys have little to no chance of keeping up with us, we just have too much firepower and aren't too turnover prone. Normally I'd want the easy win but this season isn't going anywhere and I want a competitive game.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Differnce between last years D and this years D:

We won't have Jesse Smith covering the deep middle in Bolt's Tampa 2 Defense.

End of story

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
A&M is:

0-3 in televised games
4-0 in non-televised games

Hopefully we break that trend! New Mexico, Utah State, UAB, Texas Tech...one of these things is not like the other.

1.we need to stop a and m's running backs.they have 3 good rbs.
2. we also need to rush jerrod johnson and not give him time to throw the ball.
3. the aggies have a very good offensive coordinator in nolan cromwell.
4. iowa state needs to play a perfct game-no turnovers.
4. we need to control possession of the ball. keep the ball away from the aggies and control the game clock.we need to rush the ball with arnaud,arob,and possibly schwartz on short and third down situations.......
5. ball control,effective running and passing,game clock control,a good defense,and no turnovers will help us win this game.

That is the key that I am most worried about. Our pass rush hasn't been all there this season. If what some aTm fans have said about their O-Line is true, and we can get him rattled...might be the only way to slow them down.

Differnce between last years D and this years D:

We won't have Jesse Smith covering the deep middle in Bolt's Tampa 2 Defense.

End of story

Most underrated stat so far...no more Wayne "Lightning" Bolt!! Viva La Wally!!

Really hope that this team goes down there ready to play. I will admit, I am slightly worried about it. It is going to be a huge test to the coaching staff and the players mentality. Has this game now shifted to the look of the Baylor game before the season?

basketball13

Aug 12, 2008
Here are two video clips from last weekend of Christine Michael. He combines speed and power and is going to be a special running back for the next few years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_5cVr-ddo4]YouTube - C-Mike 44 yd TD vs Tech[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxrg2NFOIzE]YouTube - Christine Michael Trucks Texas Tech Defender[/ame]

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I started a thread on Sunday that gave a breakdown of our team, you can prolly few it in my profile.

I hope your 2 A's are healthy, otherwise I think you guys have little to no chance of keeping up with us, we just have too much firepower and aren't too turnover prone. Normally I'd want the easy win but this season isn't going anywhere and I want a competitive game.

Thats what we thought too.

Signed,
Nebraska

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
1.we need to stop a and m's running backs.they have 3 good rbs.
2. we also need to rush jerrod johnson and not give him time to throw the ball.
3. the aggies have a very good offensive coordinator in nolan cromwell.
4. iowa state needs to play a perfct game-no turnovers.
4. we need to control possession of the ball. keep the ball away from the aggies and control the game clock.we need to rush the ball with arnaud,arob,and possibly schwartz on short and third down situations.......
5. ball control,effective running and passing,game clock control,a good defense,and no turnovers will help us win this game.

Although i like the breakdown....i wanted to modify a few things.

1. Make them 1 dimensional - when they've been forced to throw, they have failed.
2. Smack JJ in the mouth a few times and he gets happy feet and is turnover prone. Plus, if you get an early one on him, he seems to question his throws and reads which leads to more turnovers or sacks.
3. Not worried about any other teams coordinators, we know they have a very good offense.....
4. Unless AA and Arob are back 100%, we cannot afford to turn the ball over because we've shown we cannot move the ball with any consistency. Although, i will go out on a limb and guarantee this defense is not even in the same league as Nebraska - this not one of the top front 7s in football and does not have the best lineman in the country in SUUUUUUUUUH.....
5. Absolutely - ball control. Move the chains, speed the game up, and SCORE even if its field goals. Putting points up especially if A&M struggles early, will put pressure on JJ and he does not thrive in that role.
6. NO BLOCKED FIELD GOALS OR EXTRA POINTS - PLEASE!!!!!

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Looks like against TTech, aTm took control at the end of the 2nd quarter. Must have demoralized them with aTm going into half-time. Those videos posted look like Tech had no defense at all...they seemed to have lost all hope to win.

Aggiefan

Oct 27, 2009
We have a saying that Aggies never quit. I don't think they did against KState but they sure look demoralized. It's going to be a great game. Lots of emotion on both sides. I think the winning team will have to score 30 points. I think it's a toss up with the advantage to the Aggies because it is a home game for them.
Good luck and may the best team win. If you are coming to College Station please stop by our tailgaters. You will find a friendly hello and maybe a free burger and the drink of your choice. We are happy you made the long trip.

Help Support Us

Become a patron