Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Bump
Just announced the rest and set lists.... This lineup just got even better.... From my preference perspective this is the first time there are majority of the bands are in my flavor wheelhouse.... Super-impressed...

http://www.dmjuice.com/story/entert...l-acts-announced-10th-annual-80-35/319743001/

http://2017.80-35.com/lineup.phtml

Hop Along, Bully and Charles Bradley are the adds that I think are top notch!!!!
The must see list for me
Friday:
Radio Moscow
The Suburbs
Bully
Charles Bradley
MGMT

Saturday:
Trevor Sensor
Middle Western
Bad Bad Hats
A Giant Dog
Modern Life is War
Diarrehea Planet
Hop Along
Action Bronson
The Shins

Charles Bradley is by far the one I'd want to see most on the entire roster. That's a huge draw.

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
So Kevin Cadogan (3rd Eye Blind guitarist) was in a band called Bully for a while, and I was really hoping it was them. I Googled, was disappointed, saw the name of the drummer, and about lost my mind. Then Googled some more and was disappointed again.

I'm not sure I can take the ups and downs of this festival.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
So Kevin Cadogan (3rd Eye Blind guitarist) was in a band called Bully for a while, and I was really hoping it was them. I Googled, was disappointed, saw the name of the drummer, and about lost my mind. Then Googled some more and was disappointed again.

I'm not sure I can take the ups and downs of this festival.
Ups and down? Can you elaborate? Are you saying you are not impressed with the lineup? I would recommend a listen before to jump on the ledge...

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Ups and down? Can you elaborate? Are you saying you are not impressed with the lineup? I would recommend a listen before to jump on the ledge...

Nah, joke about Bully membership: I surprised but excited that it might be Kevin Cadogan's band, then disappointed that it wasn't. Then I surprised but really excited when I thought maybe their drummer was THE Stewart Copeland, and a little disappointed when I found it it is a different drummer that somehow thinks he doesn't need a stage name.

I'm sure they're a fine band, and that the lineup and turnout will be good. It is not my cup of Metamucil, but I've moved out of the "denial" stage of aging, so that's ok.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Bump, this is this weekend, who all is in and who are you pumped to see!!!

I am going
Friday
The Suburbs
Charles Bradley and his Extrodinarires
Bully
Radio Moscow
MGMT

Saturday
Hop Along
A Giant Dog
Modern Life is War
Diarrhea Planet
Action Bronson
Trevor Sensor
Middle Western
The Shins

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Bump, this is this weekend, who all is in and who are you pumped to see!!!

I am going
Friday
The Suburbs
Charles Bradley and his Extrodinarires
Bully

Radio Moscow
MGMT

Saturday
Hop Along
A Giant Dog
Modern Life is War
Diarrhea Planet
Action Bronson - Thanks for nothing...!!!!
Trevor Sensor
Middle Western
The Shins
Highlighted were big performers to me,

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I heard Charles Bradley stole the show on Friday night. Damn. Should've bit the bullet and paid for a one day pass. It probably would have been worth it just to catch his set.
He was pretty amazing, also though MGMT performed better than I thought.... Fun backdrop and their new songs are pretty good too....

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I heard Charles Bradley stole the show on Friday night. Damn. Should've bit the bullet and paid for a one day pass. It probably would have been worth it just to catch his set.

He was the ENTIRE reason I wanted to get a day pass for Friday. It makes my heart happy to hear stories of how great he was - but I'm also super-bummed I missed it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

DIdn't realize he was that big of a draw. Saw him a couple of summers ago for free. Fun.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
https://www.theringer.com/music/2017/9/25/16359558/charles-bradley-soul-singer-dead

Bump - Sad to pass along the news that Charles Bradley passed away this weekend after a long battle with cancer. His voice was amazing in its ragged and impassioned sound. I'm deeply sorry to have missed him when he played at 80/35 a couple months ago. True talent, and it's a damn shame we only got six years and a few albums. Better late than never, I guess.

• Agree
Reactions: jburke

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
https://www.theringer.com/music/2017/9/25/16359558/charles-bradley-soul-singer-dead

Bump - Sad to pass along the news that Charles Bradley passed away this weekend after a long battle with cancer. His voice was amazing in its ragged and impassioned sound. I'm deeply sorry to have missed him when he played at 80/35 a couple months ago. True talent, and it's a damn shame we only got six years and a few albums. Better late than never, I guess.
It is definitely a treat to say I saw him this year, but very bittersweet as I would have definitely gone again, he was amazing.....

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008

I missed him at 80/35 but was able to catch him at Lolla a few years back. There was virtually no one at his stage so I was able to get right up close. Such an amazing show by him and his entire band. He is definitely an underappreciated talent who will be missed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron