***#8 Iowa State vs #4 Iowa (Sunday, 2:00)***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I want to beat them in March.

And we last did that when???

You’re right though…. it will eventually happen some year. Once every 15-20 years though is more like a fluke though…. surely not a rivalry in any way.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The gimmicky stuff is embarrassing when we lose. When’s the last time Iowa changed singlet design or mat design. Probably been 40+ years. Same with our other sports.

Winner winner! We try to win the uniform battle each and every time, just like today.

Some day we’ll just show up and compete…. like Frost did today! Good on that kid!

BadBoi

Nov 25, 2015
Frost, Swiderski, and Carr wrestled the best I've seen since they got on campus. Gigantic missed opportunity. Iowa will be more loaded next year and we lose some studs. We're not fast from Iowa. The problem is, not us or anymore for that matter are in the same Galaxy as Penn St.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Just so many times of being Hype Hype to lay turds. Oh first time selling out in how many decades? Guess what it'll be just as much time now before that happens again. Chance to break the 18 year streak of losing...well hate to say it but this was the opportunity to do it. Iowa is poised to keep it rolling when we have to worry about what is going to take place once DC and Yonger leave.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Are the coaches overly active in the portal? I don’t watch a ton of wrestling, but when I’ve seen these 2 in big matches I haven’t been impressed. Why not do what Iowa did or probably a handful of other colleges and just go to North Dakota State and take a couple of their studs?
We're active but it's probably more about money in wrestling that any other sport. The Big10 is to wrestling as the SEC is to football. They're(Penn St. Iowa, tOSU in particular) the ones who get called to come sort through the tables at the nice neighborhood garage sale on Friday night before it starts while all the quality items are still there. Everyone else is digging through stuff on Saturday morning hoping to find a deal.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
I thought Iowa looked a lot tougher in the upper weights that we did. Taking a lot more shots and made it look too easy. Dresser got outcoached IMO.

RealisticCy

Nov 2, 2014
Ames, IA
I would've rather lost the dual with 197 getting pinned while actually trying to win his match. No shots at all in the third, down by 4, in a must win?

Loved the aggressiveness in lower weights.....where did that go after Carr?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
74, 84 and 97 went as expected. What wasn't expected was the "homer" lol refs hosing us per usual (1 robbery, 2 chances in OT) like Ech and Chittum's takedowns being waved off and if the fat kid bumping up from 74 had gotten that 2nd stall running away the last 30 secs like he did. Entertainment-wise it was still fun to watch Two Baboons and a Truck full of poo-flinging monkeys
Arnold is not fat.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron