5 Guarantees each game

BigCojones

Aug 24, 2009
Ankeny
1. There will be AT LEAST 5 fouls called on ISU that are complete horse crap calls and aren't fouls. At least one of those will be on Niang and 1 on Morris.

2. There will be at least one pass that hits Melvin square in the hands and ends up going OB or to the other team.

3. There will be a time during the game you're yelling " No Georges, No Georges, YES!

4. Niang will get called for a travel.

5. The announcers will tell us how Niang went against Noel.

I have a couple more but left it at 5

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I can't remember seeing a player like Niang who does straight up and down almost EVERY time and gets called for fouls...I think there is just something about his look or whatever that makes refs want to blow the whistle when there aren't fouls there. It sucks knowing he basically starts every game with 1 foul. But it is also great knowing that Ejim starts every game with a double double.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
1. There will be AT LEAST 5 fouls called on ISU that are complete horse crap calls and aren't fouls. At least one of those will be on Niang and 1 on Morris.

2. There will be at least one pass that hits Melvin square in the hands and ends up going OB or to the other team.

3. There will be a time during the game you're yelling " No Georges, No Georges, YES!

6. Something something coach with NBA experience something something spread the floor with spacing offense.

7. The Mayor

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
#1 happens to about every team ever.

Yeah U B rite, #1 happens to every team who is the visiting team in the big XII, most every game.

It amazes me that we don't get called for more moving screens than we do, it seems like we move every time we screen.

Go Cyclones is past time for a WIN....Beat Those Buzzards from KState!

Dingus

May 23, 2013

I think the KU game was maybe the only game all year I've done #3. Niang has earned my confidence on any 2 pt attempt he takes.

I'm more likely to do the "NOOOO... well, OK he made it" on Kane and Ejim 3 pters.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I think the KU game was maybe the only game all year I've done #3. Niang has earned my confidence on any 2 pt attempt he takes.

I'm more likely to do the "NOOOO... well, OK he made it" on Kane and Ejim 3 pters.

I agree. I never worry when Niang is driving to the hole. Ejim I worry about every time he puts it on the floor.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008

Has anyone ever checked to confirm that Melvin's hands are not made of brick? For an elite athlete, he has the absolute worst hands I've ever seen.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
Has anyone ever checked to confirm that Melvin's hands are not made of brick? For an elite athlete, he has the absolute worst hands I've ever seen.

Shook his hand once...he has abnormally small hands for a guy of his size...

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
His hands have gotten a lot better since his freshman year. I give him a ton of credit for coming as far as he has.