5-1 vs 6-2

Brickhouse

Jul 14, 2015
Chicago burbs
several thoughts ......after listening to Christy again I really think she dislikes the 6-2...........the problem is her hands are tied here.............neither setter can run the 5-1 and block with any effectiveness.....last year horner had a whopping 37 blocks and harris had 1 block........defense starts at the net and those totals will not get it done..............with a 6-2 she is able to maintain 3 blockers at all times......I also think we need to improve our passing ....way to many tight balls on the net ....we need clean 3 ball passes ....to many 1 and 2 ball passes

now I fully expect to see remi this weekend.............she needs to try her in game situations and I think she wants to run a 5-1 really bad........but if she is going to go to a 5-1 then I think she need to find an effective back row hitter...to me that's schaben

final thought...... I expect to see bigby phased out....she totaled 47 blocks last year in 103 games ....once she burned the redshirt on baily I think she is going to play her more

looking forward to seeing how the team responds this weekend

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised to see Remi run the 5-1, although it may not happen already this weekend. I agree that passing definitely has to improve. As for Bigby, I have a hard time believing there isn't room on the court for her.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Ok as an obvious volleyball noob someone is going to have to explain the 5-1 vs 6-2. Seems to me the 6-2 is obviously better as you get two more players. :pbaffled:

Brickhouse

Jul 14, 2015
Chicago burbs
Bigby is a 3 rotation player so maybe im asking too much but 47 blocks :(.......she did play with a bit of an ankle last year so I hope she has a big senior season.........the problem is that the Rs matches up against #1 OH a ton......the block needs to improve or baily is going to get a chance

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Don't they kinda have to make the 6-2 work pretty soon. Seems like a switch later to 5-1 would be a pretty big change, not like the usual "waiting for the team to gel" sort of thing.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Ok as an obvious volleyball noob someone is going to have to explain the 5-1 vs 6-2. Seems to me the 6-2 is obviously better as you get two more players. :pbaffled:

It's been a few years since I played indoors, but I believe a 5-1 primarily uses one setter, setting whether he/she is in a front row or back row position (5 attackers 1 setter). The 6-2 utilizes two setters, setter sets while in a back row position allowing there to always be three front row attackers/blockers.

Harley

Sep 12, 2014
I thought she looked very good at right side on the run in game 3 against Marquette!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron