49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
And guys take heat from the players union and other guys if they start taking less than market value to help the team. Brady could do it, but not too many other guys could get away with the home town discount stuff.

There are a ton of down to earth good dudes playing in the NFL, and a lot of them say all the right things, and have nothing but good things said about them. And they pretty much all take as much as they can get.
The thing I think sets QBs apart specifically is you could make a strong argument that taking less to have a better team around them can pay off financially in the long run. Purdy is a marketable guy. Being part of a winner, even if it means less NFL salary wise, is a smart play. He's proven he can get the job done with talent around him.

Reactions: aauummm

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
But everybody is missing the fact that he saved the reporter from a coyote...talk about burying the lede....lol! Watch the video where she talks about it:

I didn't even notice that video off to the side. Brock gets no respect . . . . Prudy's new gig?

1708762845680.png
1708762738056.png

sweetiecy

Sep 24, 2009
Ankeny
I didn't even notice that video off to the side. Brock gets no respect . . . . Prudy's new gig?

View attachment 124522
View attachment 124521
Brock was in the middle of shooting a commercial and actually noticed a coyote stalking this off-duty reporter, her son, and her dog and shouted out a warning.

I actually cannot think of anything more indicative of awareness and real time processing speed than that...lol! The coyote was like a safety stalking one of his receivers.

Last edited:

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Brock was in the middle of shooting a commercial and actually noticed a coyote stalking this off-duty reporter, her son, and her dog and shouted out a warning.

I actually cannot think of anything more indicative of awareness and real time processing speed than that...lol! The coyote was like a safety stalking one of his receivers.
The coyote was probably just trying to grab some scraps or something, but good on him for noticing.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

LOL, if that would have been back at the FIL farm the dude in the grain cart would have slipped the rifle out of the case and dropped the Yote.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
The thing I think sets QBs apart specifically is you could make a strong argument that taking less to have a better team around them can pay off financially in the long run. Purdy is a marketable guy. Being part of a winner, even if it means less NFL salary wise, is a smart play. He's proven he can get the job done with talent around him.
It for sure does, but other guys don’t want anybody suppressing the market.

For some it’s actually the money I’m sure, but for a lot their egos drive it and it’s what being paid represents.

But what all these QBs need to realize is that if their name isn’t Mahomes, their team isn’t winning a SB if they are a $50m cap hit. It’s going to be Mahomes and guys on their rookie deals. Maybe an outlier like a Stafford where your team is willing to mortgage future years to make a one year push.

But they all think they are good enough to do it, and they are pretty much all wrong.

As for the miners, I think they are living a bit on earlier years where they truly had a bunch of units overplaying their contracts because they drafted so well. They can back there, but I think currently they are largely getting what they pay for with all their units, other than getting MVP level QB play for 6 figures.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
This thread has got some great posts in it. I will certainly enjoy the Brock-John Deere commercials. I'd be curious to know how much he makes off of doing them.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Some good news for Brock on the salary front, at least for 2025. He's already hit the level 3 proven performance escalator by being selected to the Pro Bowl this year. That means his 4th year salary will jump to the level of a 2nd round restricted free agent tender for the 2025 season. That number is expected to be close to $5 million.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Some good news for Brock on the salary front, at least for 2025. He's already hit the level 3 proven performance escalator by being selected to the Pro Bowl this year. That means his 4th year salary will jump to the level of a 2nd round restricted free agent tender for the 2025 season. That number is expected to be close to $5 million.

Damn nothing wrong with that. Have another good yr stay healthy then start making ridiculous money.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Damn nothing wrong with that. Have another good yr stay healthy then start making ridiculous money.
But will it be Tyrese level money . . . . Brock and Tyrese were friends in college, now they can challenge (and tease) each other over ridiculous salaries. (yes, I am jealous as hell).

Reactions: NWICY

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
But will it be Tyrese level money . . . . Brock and Tyrese were friends in college, now they can challenge (and tease) each other over ridiculous salaries. (yes, I am jealous as hell).
Daniel Jones got 40 million per year.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

That's cool, but hopefully he does well enough next year he gets a new contract and makes a lot more than that. Probably not a good sign for him long term in San Fran if that doesn't happen and they are willing to let him go to free agency.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
That's cool, but hopefully he does well enough next year he gets a new contract and makes a lot more than that. Probably not a good sign for him long term in San Fran if that doesn't happen and they are willing to let him go to free agency.
Not an expert on the subject, but aren't players restricted their first 3 seasons? Thus, BP is still restricted salary wise next season, THEN he can negotiate (I think). I think they are saying, he can up to $5M for next season, before he negotiates for 2025 and beyond at bucco bucks.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Not an expert on the subject, but aren't players restricted their first 3 seasons? Thus, BP is still restricted salary wise next season, THEN he can negotiate (I think). I think they are saying, he can up to $5M for next season, before he negotiates for 2025 and beyond.
He'll be able to negotiation an extension after his third season which is 2024. If no extension is negotiated, his base salary will jump to $5 million in 2025. Even if they do work out an extension, that $5 million is going to be the floor for 2025.

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
This thread has got some great posts in it. I will certainly enjoy the Brock-John Deere commercials. I'd be curious to know how much he makes off of doing them.
Was there a Brock body double in that video for the JD commercial? Why would you need a body double for sitting in a tractor?