49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Also some people are just weird about sports in general. I saw a video today of a grown ass man crying in his living room as the Chiefs won this year, like bro, this same exact thing literally just happened last year
Don't you even understand in the slightest the amount of couch time and arm curls he did by cheering his team on?!? When he says, we won the super bowl, he means he'll be accepting his ring too!

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
I’ve been a packers fan since the 80s. I place whatever is best for ISU first. I want to see a conference championship. I believe Brock winning the SB is huge in that it’s great recognition for recruiting and probably bumps up his next contract. Then consider Brock’s love for ISU and I see a nice NIL source for ISU.
Yeah, I get it. I just knew that after that game it was like a win-win for me. But I also didn't expect for GB to play like they did and looking like the better team. Post game, I was like ok Brock, time to win the super bowl then if you're going to beat my packers.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, I get it. I just knew that after that game it was like a win-win for me. But I also didn't expect for GB to play like they did and looking like the better team. Post game, I was like ok Brock, time to win the super bowl then if you're going to beat my packers.
The Packers were probably the hottest team entering the playoffs. It was like their last SB. They had hurt guys all over the place but just before the playoffs the studs got healthy so they were fully loaded and rested. They also had a lot of backups get experience so they could rotate players and keep them fresh. They just made one too many mistakes in that game.

Reactions: 4theCYcle

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
The Packers were probably the hottest team entering the playoffs. It was like their last SB. They had hurt guys all over the place but just before the playoffs the studs got healthy so they were fully loaded and rested. They also had a lot of backups get experience so they could rotate players and keep them fresh. They just made one too many mistakes in that game.
Yeah, Jones definitely looked fresh. Just wish Love didn't rush that last throw and did the smart thing either take off running or throw it away on 1st down. Such is life, but lot to be excited about as a packer fan with a very young team.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, Jones definitely looked fresh. Just wish Love didn't rush that last throw and did the smart thing either take off running or throw it away on 1st down. Such is life, but lot to be excited about as a packer fan with a very young team.
They need to cut bahktiari and just eat his one year of dead money. Jaire needs to stay healthy or I’d be okay not signing him again. A decent young player is better than a major stud who gives you 2-3 games a year.

• Agree
Reactions: 4theCYcle

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
Wasn't Bosa just literally bear hugged and tossed to ground...no call. Mind boggling and that was a TD play.
Yes and Fred Warner was tackled all the way to the ground. On a blitz. There is a highlight of it. 13 quarters of Super Bowl football apparently KC has ZERO holding calls. I haven't independently verified that. But that's what I read online. If so that's unbelievable. But not surprising.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I personally do not understand ISU fans that are Chiefs fans rooting against Purdy. You’d won 2 already. Just getting greedy now. People all over X are bagging on Purdy. Guy is being held to an impossible standard. I guess to each their own, but I can’t imagine being a bigger fan of your pro team than ISU. Tired of Kermit and I hope they get beat next year.
I was not rooting against Purdy, I was rooting for the team that have watched and loved since the 70's, playing a team that the QB played for ISU. You really want me to compare 3.5 years of cheering for Purdy to over 40 years of watching the Chiefs struggle and is finally now having success to cheer for Purdy in the biggest game of the year? I wanted Purdy to play well, and for my team, the Chiefs to win. It had nothing to do with Purdy and everything to do with the Chiefs winning.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Not true. Niners talents are overinflated by the haters who want to discredit Purdy. Did you know that Lions, Dolphins, Eagles, and Cowboys have equal or better talents than Niners with better OL? Instead of buying into these false narratives, look at the numbers. These teams have better wide receiver tandem than Niners. Niners have better TE but Kittle only had about 100 more yards than LaPorta. RB tandem of Gibbs and Montgomery had 500 more yard and Mostert and Archane had 400 more yards than McCaffrey. Aiyuk and Deebo are good but they are not incredible like people like you portray to be. Aiyuk never had first 1000 yard season until Purdy became the starting QB. Brown/Smith, Hill/Waddle, St Brown/Reynolds, and Lamb/Cooks had more yard than Aiyuk/Deebo. I am tired of people like Nick Wright and Joy Taylor spreading this false narrative of "Niners have incredible talents". All good teams have good weapons around QB not just Purdy.
Well said. Fascinating how over-inflated the narrative is on 49’ers offensive talent. Aiyuk is most certainly NOT truly elite (yet) and Deebo is boom or bust slot WR/RB/gadget guy that had 1 fun season of playmaking and his been inconsistent and injury prone since, and absolutely does NOT belong in the top tier of WR’s in the NFL.

CMAC is legit. He’s a great RB. Maybe the best. The difference though between him and other elite RB’s isn’t crazy.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I personally do not understand ISU fans that are Chiefs fans rooting against Purdy. You’d won 2 already. Just getting greedy now. People all over X are bagging on Purdy. Guy is being held to an impossible standard. I guess to each their own, but I can’t imagine being a bigger fan of your pro team than ISU. Tired of Kermit and I hope they get beat next year.
We shouldn’t want to win the Big 12 tourney because we’ve won 4 in the last 9 years. Too greedy.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
B12 tournament is not the super bowl.
You are correct. I’ve been a 49er fan since I was 4 years old and I want them to win the Super Bowl every single year. Just like I want Iowa State to win every single game every single year.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Well said. Fascinating how over-inflated the narrative is on 49’ers offensive talent. Aiyuk is most certainly NOT truly elite (yet) and Deebo is boom or bust slot WR/RB/gadget guy that had 1 fun season of playmaking and his been inconsistent and injury prone since, and absolutely does NOT belong in the top tier of WR’s in the NFL.

CMAC is legit. He’s a great RB. Maybe the best. The difference though between him and other elite RB’s isn’t crazy.
I agree with that. People call them the avengers because they see some highlight plays of Deebo running through people. Reality is that they don't actually have two top 10 WRs. Not even close. If you count Jennings, they probably have a top 5 WR corps. Top 5 TE, top 2 RB, bottom half OL. Overall offensive skill players, they are likely top 5, but they are NOT heads and shoulders above the rest of the league like people are saying.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Yes and Fred Warner was tackled all the way to the ground. On a blitz. There is a highlight of it. 13 quarters of Super Bowl football apparently KC has ZERO holding calls. I haven't independently verified that. But that's what I read online. If so that's unbelievable. But not surprising.
We could take away the Jennings TD pass to CMC because a lineman was illegally down field. Refs let both teams play.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
You are correct. I’ve been a 49er fan since I was 4 years old and I want them to win the Super Bowl every single year. Just like I want Iowa State to win every single game every single year.
Here's the difference: To me, a super bowl for a QB is something that creates a legacy that will last forever. It is incredibly important especially for QBs. Do I want ISU to win the B12 more than I wanted Purdy to win? Probably. But no one outside of us selfish ISU fans is going to remember that next year much less 10 years from now.

That said, I didn't say that rooting for Chiefs over Purdy was wrong, I just said that I don't understand it. But people are different and obviously, they love their pro teams way more than I do. I just don't get having that kind of connection to a pro team vs a school that they actually went to.

charlie_B

Mar 21, 2017
We could take away the Jennings TD pass to CMC because a lineman was illegally down field. Refs let both teams play.
Just because you heard Tony/Jim/Dean say it doesn't mean they were right.

Rule:
1707854163908.png
Screenshot after the ball is thrown:
1707854280216.png

All 5 lineman are behind the LOS after the ball is thrown. Not even close.

KC Play:
1707854355065.png
Also legal because they stayed engaged until the ball is throw. Item 1 a/b. the one stops moving when he disengages from the block.

So i would argue the refs made the correct calls both times

SanDiego49er

Oct 2, 2023
Yes the fan bases somewhat overrate the 49ers talent. DeeVAH is always injured and under performing. Offensive line is garbage other than Trent Williams. Especially at pass blocking. Aiyuk is good but maybe not great yet. Kittle is really good but is negated because the offensive line is so bad. They keep him in to block a lot. If they were good he would be out in the patterns. CMC is very good. But as others said no so much above the other top RB's that it's out of this world.

In addition the defensive secondary is sub par. With injuries and lack of talent both. The front 7 had some injuries and under performance based on their name recognition. Not as good as the names suggest all the time.

Shanahan routinely CHOKES in the big games. 0 - 3 in the Super Bow. Multiple NFC Championship Game losses. He's a Big Game CHOKER.

It's not some SUPER HERO team where you just line up and win. "Anybody can do it." It's a false narrative used to denigrate and disparage Brock Purdy. It's simply not true. Do they have a real good team? Yes. Are they some unbeatable SUPER HERO team that can't be beat by anybody? No. There are deficiencies out there. I watched this team my whole life. Brock is the best QB we had in 20+ years. I don't think it's close. You have to go back to the glory days to find something this good. He is far from the problem on that team and a pretty good solution. He wasn't even the problem in this game. Special teams killed them in particular and going away from the run with Shanahan in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Shanahan has had three chances to learn how to win a Super Bowl after being up 10. Probably won’t happen.
Before Andy Reid won a SB he went:

2001: NFCCCG Loss
2002: NFCCCG Loss
2003: NFCCCG Loss
2004: Super Bowl Loss
2008: NFCCCG Loss
2018: AFCCCG Loss

With a whole lot of other playoff losses in between. People forget he was known as the coach who couldn’t win the big one.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Before Andy Reid won a SB he went:

2001: NFCCCG Loss
2002: NFCCCG Loss
2003: NFCCCG Loss
2004: Super Bowl Loss
2008: NFCCCG Loss
2018: AFCCCG Loss

With a whole lot of other playoff losses in between. People forget he was known as the coach who couldn’t win the big one.
Turns out winning a championship is really freaking hard.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron