49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

CloneAlta

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas City, MO
www.floorplanonline.com
It's an amazing story with a guy who is extremely easy to root for, but all I got was dead silence from my Iowa friends except one that said he bet on the Seahawks. There is a very real bitterness toward any displays of Iowa State pride. They thought we'd go away after this football season and the basketball beatdown lol
Did you catch Kittle's smartass question to the crew in the post game interviews when the attention was going too much to Brock (it sure seemed to me that Kittle was working overtime to draw attention to himself) and Kittle asked them to ask Brock how many games he won against Iowa during his 4 years. Dude just showed the world the true difference between a Cyclone and a Hawk.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
Did you catch Kittle's smartass question to the crew in the post game interviews when the attention was going too much to Brock (it sure seemed to me that Kittle was working overtime to draw attention to himself) and Kittle asked them to ask Brock how many games he won against Iowa during his 4 years. Dude just showed the world the true difference between a Cyclone and a Hawk.
To his credit I think the question was raised by the bald guy and Kittle took the bait. Could be wrong. You can't see the studio when question was asked.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Teammates flip each other **** all the time. Take off your cyclone colored glasses and realize that’s all it was. In the end fans care about cyclones vs Hawkeyes way more than the players. The NFL is the ultimate level playing field: no one gives a damn where you came from, only that you can play.

Spam

May 21, 2008

That was nothing but friendly banter

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
There is a generation of Hawkeye fans just wired different. They absolutely get triggered by any national ISU attention and quickly rush to downplay or diminish even if their Hawkeyes are not involved in any way. It’s quite sad actually.
Its the generation of EIU fans that grew up during the 15 game winning streak for EIU. For many of them, for years, the ISU game was an automatic victory, and they struggle to accept that EIU can ever lose to ISU, because for years, it never happened.

They are trapped in the past, and refuse to move past that point.

Last edited:

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
It's an amazing story with a guy who is extremely easy to root for, but all I got was dead silence from my Iowa friends except one that said he bet on the Seahawks. There is a very real bitterness toward any displays of Iowa State pride. They thought we'd go away after this football season and the basketball beatdown lol
I watched last night at the local small town sports bar, probably 50/50 Iowa/ISU fans. Everyone was rooting for the 49ers with the Purdy to Kittle connection. It was a lot of fun

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Same. I found a podcast I think called 49ers Talk. I think it's affiliated with their local NBC station out there. Solid stuff and strongly recommend for those that can't get enough of Brock talk. They interviewed Lynch last week.
Somewhere I heard them say first time he threw the ball all week was in the hotel. Must have been a long hallway

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not sure if already posted, but nice interview with Haliburton about Purdy (has a follow up video talking more about Brock too).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

The fact that your bothered by it shows Cyclones can be petty.

Good thing 22-25 year olds have thicker skin and can give and take **** better than some CFers.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Fitzpatrick won me a fantasy league championship when he was with the Bills. He had a string of years where his stats were great
He won me one a few years ago when he was with the Dolphins. Oddly good for fantasy compared to real life

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The fact that your bothered by it shows Cyclones can be petty.

Good thing 22-25 year olds have thicker skin and can give and take **** better than some CFers.
Agreed. I hate Iowa as much as, if not more, than the next Cyclone fan. But if Kittle is gonna help Brock win games and make a Super Bowl run? Then I hope he has the games of life and catches ever thing near him. As long as they are teammates, I am the HUGE George Kittle fan.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Teammates flip each other **** all the time. Take off your cyclone colored glasses and realize that’s all it was. In the end fans care about cyclones vs Hawkeyes way more than the players. The NFL is the ultimate level playing field: no one gives a damn where you came from, only that you can play.
Heck, it seems like fans are the only ones who care about the rivalry anymore. Coaches seem to see it as a practice/tune up opportunity for conference play.

Help Support Us

Become a patron