30 for 30 Unguarded

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
saw that isu played his fresno team in 98 and won by 9. he had 23 or 24 i think. i was in college then and don't remember this guy at all.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Got chills watching it the whole time. His wife Heather is the type of women every guy needs to find. She was such a rock for their family with the lying and drugs Chris was engaging in.
Well Done ESPN Films!!

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Got chills watching it the whole time. His wife Heather is the type of women every guy needs to find. She was such a rock for their family with the lying and drugs Chris was engaging in.
Well Done ESPN Films!!

I got a completely different impression of her. It seemed to me (and my wife) that she was enabling him by completely turning a blind eye while he was on his benders and just staying home with the kids like nothing was wrong.

Of course, there's so much more that went on that the film couldn't cover so it's completely possible she was actively trying to help him but the film didn't show that at all IMO.

Max57

Dec 18, 2008
Somewhere on Hwy 30
She was an enabler ... classic co-dependency. But he got the right treatment facility. Someone "who knew his mom" got him the help he needed.

But his wife/family did provide the thing that he needed most once he was in recovery.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
She was an enabler ... classic co-dependency. But he got the right treatment facility. Someone "who knew his mom" got him the help he needed.

But his wife/family did provide the thing that he needed most once he was in recovery.

Really? You just have to be that guy don't you. Give the guy and his wife credit for getting through this.

This was one of the best films so far. I love these kinds of films, but hate seeing people struggle with addiction.

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Craziest part for me was when he had to meet his dealer before a Celtics game, and he was literally standing outside the Garden in his uniform in the rain waiting for his dealer to show up 5 minutes before the game.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Really? You just have to be that guy don't you. Give the guy and his wife credit for getting through this.

This was one of the best films so far. I love these kinds of films, but hate seeing people struggle with addiction.
Agreed. And I think this show reinforces to me what I always thought to be true about Tark, that he isn't a bad guy and really loves his players.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
It really hits home with me, one of my best friends growing up got into drugs in high school and really destroyed his life. I rarely talk to him now and its just sad.