#27 - Seneca Doesn't Fall

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Just watched Fox Sports Network's "Best Damn Sports Show Top 50 Spectacular Football Plays"- ringing in at #27, none other than THE RUN!

Sorry if it was already posted, but I didn't see it anywhere...

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
how do they judge a hail mary? They had a bunch of hail mary's on that list, and I don't understand how one can be ranked in the 40's while another is in the top 20. It's the same play!

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
how do they judge a hail mary? They had a bunch of hail mary's on that list, and I don't understand how one can be ranked in the 40's while another is in the top 20. It's the same play!

If I'm thinking correctly, I believe it's based a lot on the situation outside of the game. (i.e. Rankings, National Championship implications) It also has a lot to do with what players are playing and how well the play is remembered.

ColoradoClone

Apr 6, 2006
What were the top five plays? I had to go so I missed the top five.

The Play from the Stanford Cal game was #1, I believe the Immaculate Reception was #2, and the music city miracle was #3. The Nebraska Kick Play vs Mizzou was 4 (which I think is crap/way overrated) and The Holy Roller from the Raiders Chargers game was #5 (Again, overrated. Purposely fumbling the ball forward to get a td)

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
Looking back on it, it was a great call by Pete Taylor too, really adds to the excitement of it.

ISUpike33

Apr 11, 2006
Vernon Hills, IL
The Play from the Stanford Cal game was #1, I believe the Immaculate Reception was #2, and the music city miracle was #3. The Nebraska Kick Play vs Mizzou was 4 (which I think is crap/way overrated) and The Holy Roller from the Raiders Chargers game was #5 (Again, overrated. Purposely fumbling the ball forward to get a td)

I agree with you, the raiders fumble was a horrible play and they dont deserve to go down in history as one of the greatest play, more like the best luck in years. Go Broncos!!!

MI_isu_fan

Apr 19, 2007
Gaylord Michigan
Seneca will help keep ISU on the radar as an underrated program with players who have great potential. Too bad that damn Matt whats-his-nuts up in Seatle hasnt broken his leg to give him a chance!!!!! #15 will live on!

Help Support Us

Become a patron