Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Took at least a .5 hour to go 100 yards and enter from nw corner of stadium. Felt like the Memphis bowl game. Probably should consider alternatives. I get it, there’s construction. There’s also record season ticket sales.

You can’t argue with anyone who says they want to go out at half. To think the concourses have been widened recently, imagine if that hadn’t happened.

Lastly the Hilton parking lot... still compares to an Afghanistan battlefield.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I ended up walking all the way down to the south entrance instead of waiting in line on the Northwest side.

• Informative
Reactions: MrPeske

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
They no longer announce each player on the starting line up, just a list of the line up. Was disappointed that is gone.

Also wtf was up with the sound system today? Couldn’t make out any of the music that was blaring way too loud.
That was a bummer no announced names of starters. That was always a good initial "get the crowd going" moment

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I ended up walking all the way down to the south entrance instead of waiting in line on the Northwest side.

Same here. We saw our seat-neighbors in the NW corner line, went around to the south, and beat them to the seats by at least 10 minutes.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The traffic geniuses decided to route the G4/G5 traffic back towards Jack Trice/University blvd. Absolutely stupid idea and they have always pushed that lot out towards Duff...

• Informative
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
The fact people show up in a car at 10:30 to park in C6 directly across from the stadium is crazy. Why do let people drive in there that close to game time with every walking around?
I don’t have a problem with that. With that said there were a handful driving down the lane we were in in C4 about 930-10. Id hate to do that to find the last open spot. I’m more talking about the overall quality of the lots. Maybe just go full gravel?

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I don’t have a problem with that. With that said there were a handful driving down the lane we were in in C4 about 930-10. Id hate to do that to find the last open spot. I’m more talking about the overall quality of the lots. Maybe just go full gravel?

I had a woman in a huge SUV making obvious angry faces because 10,000 people were walking towards the game as she was trying to find a spot in C6. It's unsafe.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Took at least a .5 hour to go 100 yards and enter from nw corner of stadium. Felt like the Memphis bowl game. Probably should consider alternatives. I get it, there’s construction. There’s also record season ticket sales.

You can’t argue with anyone who says they want to go out at half. To think the concourses have been widened recently, imagine if that hadn’t happened.

Lastly the Hilton parking lot... still compares to an Afghanistan battlefield.

Kids in the RV lots were piling up chunks of asphalt. They really need to resurface the lots

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
JFC people just assume it's going to be an hour minimum after the game ends before you can leave the parking lot. 61,500 people and only so many ways to get out.

We park east of the stadium and walk back and leave right away. If you don't set up your own tailgate, what's the appeal of parking in the lots if it's going to take an hour?