madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The problem is you can choose car or house insurance but you can't choose health insurance. You get whatever your company offers.

Breaking my own rule from the OP, I'm for single payer because it's simply not fair that some pay $50 and others pay $1500 and they have no ability to shop around. It would be so much better for everyone to lump people together to lower costs.

Something catastrophic and some how related to health insurance costs would have to happen to tons of people for them to literally 'buy in' to the concept of single payer.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
My employer offers a HMO and PPO. They are self-insured. Due to the cost we went with the HMO since we have good health provider options here in central Iowa. If we ever need to go out of state we can preauthorize or switch during the open person.

For me and my wife we pay ~120/month for 1000 deductible with the hmo. Would be $270 for the PPO and a 2500 deductible.

The health insurance was a big reason why I changed jobs a few years ago. We were paying almost $500 a month for a $5000 hdhp and the company was not funding anything in the hsa.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The problem is you can choose car or house insurance but you can't choose health insurance. You get whatever your company offers.

Breaking my own rule from the OP, I'm for single payer because it's simply not fair that some pay $50 and others pay $1500 and they have no ability to shop around. It would be so much better for everyone to lump people together to lower costs.

You don't have to take what your company offers, you can choose your own you'll just take it up the *ss worse.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron