MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Reading other fanbases' boards really does help me appreciate what we have here.

Baylor never should've been in the Big 12 in the first place, and after their systmetic scandal, certainly shouldn't be anymore. The last opinion on conference matters that I care about is theirs. I'd be perfectly fine with them taking the same route as another former, insane Waco institution by means of burning the whole thing down and disappearing.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Funny to see BAY fans busting on KC as a "dump" city - hello ever been to WackoWaco ??

My worst memory is driving into town for a Clone-BAY football game and seeing some yard slugs roasting a chicken, jammed on a twig branch, over an open pit fire, in their front yard. Not to mention a few rusted out junk cars off to the side of the driveway.

I must say, you'd never expect to see all the gorgeous coeds, but probably some old-money Dallas girls, with Daddys who "do oil".

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
The B12 offices are in Dallas so I can assure you it would be more beneficial to have the tourney in Dallas. But they tried that and it didn't work. The city didn't care, the arena didn't care, and Texas schools fans didn't show up.
They go to KC and get the red carpet treatment, tons of fans, centrally located entertainment areas, and the arena is top notch for telecommunications.
Maybe if they tried it in Dallas again it would work (maybe "100s" of new TCU fans?) but the model now is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
wahmbulance.jpg

And when was the last time a team from the south won the tournament championship? OSU in 2005 was the last time and the last time a school from the south even made the championship game was Baylor in 2014. Hell maybe we should host it somewhere near West Virginia some year so everyone but WVU can ***** about it too like the Big 10 schools did when they had theirs in NYC. I mean WVU has been in the championship game the past 3 years so don't they have a legit gripe about how far they have to travel too?

I'm fine with them keeping the FB championship in the south and keeping the BB tournament in KC. I've always felt that way and thought it was stupid when they rotated both events around. Those are the ideal markets for each sport's fanbases anyways and you'd know the south schools would all ***** about playing a FB game outdoors in the north in late November when the 2 teams are likely going to be from the south anyways. Would be curious to see what the economic impact of each event is if the FB championship being just 1 game but much larger attendance is more or about the same as the 4 day BB tournament in KC. Probably pretty close I'd bet since FB usually brings in more $.

I love how a school from Waco is calling KC a dump. What would you consider Waco then?

Reactions: alenz95

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Hopefully Baylor will feel more love from their next conference. Waco in the WAC has a nice ring to it.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Death, taxes, one of the Southern schools ******** about this exact thing every tournament weekend.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
1. Baylor shouldn't even be allowed to be in the Big12 anymore due to their sexual assault enabling culture.

2. Schools that are half empty (even while ranked against ranked teams) shouldn't be rewarded with the tourney being close to home.

3. No school from Texas has ever won the Big 12 tournament.

4. It seemed like more WVU fans go to KC than Baylor fans recently.

5. We like to rag on KU and KSU, but their fans like ours at least show up and support it.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
That started to lose me when the Baylor fan says there's so much to do in Texas that they can't be bothered to fill their stadium

Waco and Los Angeles just have too damn much entertainment going on for sports and whatnot

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I'm guessing not all Baylor fans are bad based on the negative feedback he received. Seems like one really bad poor sport. I'm not sure how he thinks they got screwed over, we just beat the crap out of them.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
I did enjoy the comment that this tournament is played in a state that has no teams in the tournament lol

Then one justified they could see NYC and DC for Rutgers and Maryland respectively, however forgot that Kansas is closer to KC and has significant more fans than Rutgers.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Then one justified they could see NYC and DC for Rutgers and Maryland respectively, however forgot that Kansas is closer to KC and has significant more fans than Rutgers.
They also pulled out the tired 'theres no big 12 team in missouri' garbage.

Nevermind that there are 3 schools that are about the same distance or closer than mizzou ever was

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The geographic center of the Big 12 is Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.

We should have this tournament in Tulsa every year.

:D