2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
Jon Reader is a former Cyclone wrestler who won a national championship about 15 years ago. He’s now an assistant coach at Wisconsin under another former Cyclone, Steve Bono. I think the rumor is that Reader is looking to take a head coaching position somewhere else and if he leaves then Hamiti, a Wisconsin wrestler, will leave as well.
Chris Bono. And Hamiti is already in the portal. Reader seems ready to take over a program. The DNC on Hamiti means he already knows where he's going and I wouldn't be surprised if he followed Reader.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Wonder why he chose there? They never made Izzak Ojleik better. Did he even AA? Man Hamiti scores and doesn’t fit this style at all. Very confused on why he would want to go to Stall University. But I wish nothing but the best until Iowa state week and big 12s

Reactions: CloneFanInKC

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Makes me wonder if they try keeping him at 165.

Thompson didn’t have a great year but was highly touted. Maybe he redshirts and goes 184 after Plott?

165 seems like OSU’s obvious hole at the moment.
Not sure. I've heard Thompson isn't the most committed and frustrated the staff, so maybe they're willing to sit him for a year with Hamiti going instead.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron