***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Remember, the officer is trained to assume the worst. The officer didn't know who Scotty was. All he knew was he was driving in an area the officer didn't think anyone should be driving and Scotty didn't stop. Fault is on all parties involved.
Yeah sorry but I’m not gonna give that city’s police department any benefit of the doubt given their history of um……controversies.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Wait, so in your imaginary version he should assume Scheffler is in step 1 of a violent crime spree? That's absolutely insane, but it does explain why you're so wrong on this.
How exactly would the officer know who Scotty was if 1) he didn't see his credentials and 2) he was driving where a car shouldn't be driving?

I guess officers should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, right? smh

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah sorry but I’m not gonna give that city’s police department any benefit of the doubt given their history of um……controversies.
Yeah... I guess any future officer who works for that city's police department should be scrutinized. Heck, they shouldn't even have any police department, right?

• Dumb
  • Haha
Reactions: ClubCy and Bigman38

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
How exactly would the officer know who Scotty was if 1) he didn't see his credentials and 2) he was driving where a car shouldn't be driving?

I guess officers should give everyone the benefit of the doubt, right? smh

He was in a marked car, but who cares who he is, it’s a completely unwarranted and dangerous response to the situation. The cop is the only one that put anyone in danger. Luckily it was just his dumbass that got some scratches.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
He was in a marked car, but who cares who he is, it’s a completely unwarranted and dangerous response to the situation. The cop is the only one that put anyone in danger. Luckily it was just his dumbass that got some scratches.
I give up. Let's get rid of all police. Obviously they don't want to protect the public.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
It’s funny because I had a similar thing happen a month ago. There was a wreck on the off ramp and they were directing people around. It was confusing and I drove the wrong way around it. Knew I messed up immediately after I did it, the cop just gave me a “come on man” and left it.

Guess I’m lucky he didn’t try yank me out of my car through the window before slamming me into my car and arresting me.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Yeah... I guess any future officer who works for that city's police department should be scrutinized. Heck, they shouldn't even have any police department, right?
Between Breonna Taylor and this? If you want jump to absolutes sure let’s do it.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Between Breonna Taylor and this? If you want jump to absolutes sure let’s do it.

Sure - let's use two incidents and extrapolate to the greater population. Let's not try to showcase the vast, vast majority of police officers who are indeed competent and serve their city very well

It's easy to look back at any situation and say it could had been handled differently after all the facts are known. At the moment it happens, sometimes an officer has to do something questionable in retrospect. Am I saying the Breonna incident is justifiable? Of course not. That's a horrendous story. But in the grand scheme from today's incident, the likely outcome will be a minor traffic citation. It's nowhere near the level of BT