***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
These guys just think they can do what they want. The Gen Z age group and lower cause all the issues… they grew up in a society that they can’t wait their turn and don’t think about anyone other than themselves.
It just now occurred to me that Scottie is only 27. He looks like he could be 40.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Well we know this isn't true because you're still posting.
Lol, yeah, I'm arrogant becuase im siding with law enforcement on this one.

Situations like this one are extremely dangerous for all involved including, police, first responders, and towing operators so it doesn't surprise me if thry have a short leash in these situations.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I think fault is on all parties. It seems Scotty could had avoided this by stopping and talking with the cop until the cop understood who he was and where he was going. From what we know now, I would say Scottie is at fault just as much as the cop. Once Scottie tries to continue without the cop giving him clearance, the cop then is trained to assume the driver has bad intentions.

I just can’t fathom how people think Scottie is completely innocent here. His actions led to the reaction of the cop. Again, if both parties simply talked and came to an understanding, none of this occurs. That fault is on both parties

He didn’t think it was the cops, he thought it was security.

cy4life94

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2012
Cedar Rapids
In the end, both sides were doing what they were told or trained to do. Scheffler was told to drive through not knowing that things changed due to the accident. The officer was clearing the accident scene just like they would in other situations. Anyone trying to drive through an accident would receive the same treatment.

The PGA should have had people on-site to communicate to both the officers and the players. Or perhaps they need to arrange transportation for the players rather than having them transport themselves.
I agree, both people were doing what they were supposed to do. And then, like reasonable people, the cop should have had a discussion with Scottie, realized it was all a pretty reasonable misunderstanding, and let him go into the facility.

Hubbs4cy

Oct 10, 2023
This is one of those situations where it would be smart for both sides to call it a misunderstanding, show respect to each other, and move on.
Agreed what unfortunate is someone died today and now this overshadows what should be a somber feeling. Also I feel like a bunch of lawsuits on the city of Louisville will result, costing the taxpayers that had nothing to do with the situation.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Scottie should have stopped. I would have been fine with the cop chiding his ass or even citing him.

They literally arrested him and charged him with a felony. The stupidity of that greatly outweighs what Scottie did, disrupts the tournament, and has turned this into a national story.
I'm sure Scotty won't be convicted of a felony for this case, but it's quite common to "over charge" the alleged offender. I would imagine the end result of this case will likely just be a couple citations for failing to yield to a police officer

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
Lol, yeah, I'm arrogant becuase im siding with law enforcement on this one.

Situations like this one are extremely dangerous for all involved including, police, first responders, and towing operators so it doesn't surprise me if thry have a short leash in these situations.
You can either continue to make **** up, or listen to what has been reported by major news outlets.

Until then, are you a Kiwi guy or do you prefer the higher end like Saphir?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I agree, both people were doing what they were supposed to do. And then, like reasonable people, the cop should have had a discussion with Scottie, realized it was all a pretty reasonable misunderstanding, and let him go into the facility.

Exactly. I'm not saying Scottie isn't faultless here. But God forbid you just have a reasonable discussion with someone before you pull him out of his car, cuff him and trump up a bunch of charges against him. I'd venture to guess it very easily could have gone something like this:

"Why the **** are you driving down the shoulder?"

"I'm sorry, I'm a player and they had told us we would be able to bypass and get to the course."

"I'm not sure who told you that but you need to get back in line"

"Ok sorry"

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm sure Scotty won't be convicted of a felony for this case, but it's quite common to "over charge" the alleged offender. I would imagine the end result of this case will likely just be a couple citations for failing to yield to a police officer
Over charging leads to undue stress, legal fees, and leads to people pleaing guilty to things they didn't do (so while common, it's a nefarious practice). The end result will be a public apology and a huge black eye for their PD.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Exactly. I'm not saying Scottie isn't faultless here. But God forbid you just have a reasonable discussion with someone before you pull him out of his car, cuff him and trump up a bunch of charges against him. I'd venture to guess it very easily could have gone something like this:

"Why the **** are you driving down the shoulder?"

"I'm sorry, I'm a player and they had told us we would be able to bypass"

"I'm not sure who told you that but you need to get back in line"

"Ok sorry"
But if I understand the story correctly, Scottie was only pulled out of the car after the officer was dragged from Scotty's moving car. That's the main reason why he was in custody. If he simply talked to the officer until both parties understood who he was and where he was going, none of this happens. That fault lies in both parties

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Lol, yeah, imI'arrogant becuase im siding with law enforcement on this one. Situations like this one are extremely dangerous for all involved including, police, first responders, and towing operators so it doesn't surprise me if thry have a short leash in these situations.
You can have a short leash and that isn't a problem...But you also need to be able to see a situation for what it is and not overreact.

This is absolutely 100% a massive overreaction.

This is officers who didn't care to deescalate the situation and had to show how powerful they are. And this applies not only to the arresting officer but those around and involved.

There won't be any citations. This is all going to disappear quickly in an effort to make sure they don't get sued.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Over charging leads to undue stress, legal fees, and leads to people pleaing guilty to things they didn't do (so while common, it's a nefarious practice). The end result will be a public apology and a huge black eye for their PD.
Agreed. But pretty much every prosecuting office will charge with the most serious possible offense. That's just how the legal system works

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

I’m just not sure why Scheffler gets a pass for not following directions of a police officer when told to stop? If someone drives through an accident scene anywhere else, they’re likely to get the same treatment.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You can have a short leash and that isn't a problem...But you also need to be able to see a situation for what it is and not overreact.

This is absolutely 100% a massive overreaction.

This is officers who didn't care to deescalate the situation and had to show how powerful they are. And this applies not only to the arresting officer but those around and involved.

There won't be any citations. This is all going to disappear quickly in an effort to make sure they don't get sued.

Not to mention, I counted no less than 4 officers in that Darlington video that were involved in this arrest. All of these people could have been actually helping direct the flow of traffic and ensure everyone's safety. But instead it took 4 people to perform the arrest.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I’m just not sure why Scheffler gets a pass for not following directions of a police officer when told to stop? If someone drives through an accident scene anywhere else, they’re likely to get the same treatment.

Once again, we are talking about Scottie Scheffler here. He's the most milquetoast, law-abiding dude out there. There's just no chance he saw a cop and said **** you I'm going anyway. It was dark, it was early and I have no doubt there was confusion. It sounds like from Darlington once he realized it was a cop he immediately stopped.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron