***2024 NFL Season***

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Fields in Sean Payton’s offense is a match made in hell. That’d be a disaster.

Seems like they either are going draft a QB or roll with Stidham, which is more or less punting on the season and looking to draft a QB top 5 next year. They likely aren’t trading up which it seems like they need to if they want one of the top 4 QBs (Williams, Daniels, Maye, McCarthy) but Payton supposedly loves Bo Nix so maybe that’s their guy.
As a Broncos fan, that’s kind of scary. I’m fine with punting on next year. But investing a first round draft pick on Bo Nix, when there are holes at other positions all over the place, just delays a rebuild, imo

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
There have been some nasty leg/ankle injuries caused by this type of tackle but it's going to be tough to get out of the game I think. Tough spot for defenders at times when their options are to either a) Let the runner drag me/break loose or b) Get them down on the ground but get the 15 yard penalty in doing so.

Last edited:

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
There have been some nasty leg/ankle injuries caused by this type of tackle but it's going to be tough to get out of the game I think. Tough spot for defenders at times when their options are to either a) Let the runner drag me/break loose or b) Get them down on the ground but get the 15 yard penalty.

Just one step closer to flag football like they want it.

• Dumb
Reactions: NoCreativity

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We will see how it goes but it is better than having a touchback 90+% of the time.

If they didn't change it they needed to just get rid of kickoffs completely because it was just wasted time. I think it's cool if kickoffs will matter again but without the increased risk of injury. Although I'm sure people will complain because it looks different.

• Agree
Reactions: BigJCy

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
We will see how it goes but it is better than having a touchback 90+% of the time.

I knew it was going to be stupid, but I couldn't help looking at the comments. I was not disappointed

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Are there really huge supporters of how kickoffs have been lately?
It's less that they're supporters, and more that they don't like ANY changes, regardless of what they are

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Interesting, didn't think NFL would play on Christmas (Wednesday) this year but I guess they can set the teams up with byes or play the previous Thursday to make it work.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I can't wait for the first game when they line up for the kickoff and half of America screams at their TV... WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?!

Not opposed to it, just pointing out the casual fan that will not know about the change ahead of time.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I can't wait for the first game when they line up for the kickoff and half of America screams at their TV... WHAT THE **** IS THIS?!?!

Not opposed to it, just pointing out the casual fan that will not know about the change ahead of time.

We're one step away from a CFL style Rouge

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The rule is actually meant to upset people like you who enjoy seeing guys like Nick Mullens take on Mason Rudolph every Sunday.
It's the same argument that people used when they banned the horse collar tackle. "How are they supposed to tackle, now? Flag football!"
Clearly the sport continued to exist post horse collar, and it will continue to exist post hip drop. Some folks just can't handle change.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron