***2024 NCAA Wrestling - Session 3 (Fri., 11:00)***

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
To be honest... I dont hate our set up to still run up some points. Things aren't as promising as they were, but MJ/Will winning yet again this session could give us some fire still.

Frost - probably Latona R12 and then Teske/Shawver, with the way he wrestled Fix, I like his chances
Casey - looks like D'Emilio R12 and then probably Watters. That's doable.
MJ - Kemp is tough but winnable, Ruth would be tough R12 matchup
Will - Fishback is another tough but winnable match, then Truax I honestly dont hate the matchup and who knows how checked in Truax will be getting knocked to the backside
Yonger - if he can get his head right, obviously can/should run to 3rd
If will can win this next one I like him against Truax

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
We have very little chance of top 3.
I still like our chance, but we need a good wrestle back to 3 from Yonger, and Anthony and David need 3 or above. I see a path to 2nd or third. We also need Frost and Casey to AA. Anything from Will and MJ at this point can't hurt. Trophy is very much still possible. Don't give up the ship just yet.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
This round will fly. 141s are already on the mat.

174: (15) Gaitan vs (8) Kemp [POLY]
184: (17) Feldkamp vs (10) Fishback [NCST]

Reactions: crablegs

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Given Bastida's previous efforts, we have to assume that something was wrong. Let's give him credit for almost gutting out a win, not criticize him as if he has ever not tried his best.
It appeared on his first takedown, that something happened to his finger as he was messing with it the whole time. Guessing dislocation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron