2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Or impressive regardless of the lack of parity. Nobody else has done that, and everyone else had a chance. How dare UConn invest in women’s basketball ahead of the times? Early bird gets the worm type of thing.

Those records they showed = broken sport.

They have all these injured players and they still look so talented and deep...oh and they'd have Clark if they offered her.

I'm not sure what the solution is but if these past few years have been growing the game, that kind of dominance from one program has held it back. Who watches that?

Reactions: cyzygy11

cincy_cy2014

Jan 19, 2023
How many has she made today? She is setting up on the right side to drive to the basket, not to dribble left to shoot. When she is out on the left, then force her to the middle. UConn is not playing a perfect game and still ahead.
Her first three of the evening? GOING LEFT.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

They have all these injured players and they still look so talented and deep...oh and they'd have Clark if they offered her.

I'm not sure what the solution is but if these past few years have been growing the game, that kind of dominance from one program has held it back. Who watches that?
I watch it

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I think a lot of people have watched it.

And watching Iowa lose is fun.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Frustrating if you’re UConn to not have more separation. But Iowa has missed some opportunities as well.

Bueckers seems dialed in.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It’s been a good 10 years since UConn winning the natty was a foregone conclusion.

They’re still a top program, but so many other programs have stepped things up. It’s going in the right direction.

Well they're 20-0 in the second round their last 20 tournaments, maybe time to change up the home team format or go to 32, that's really pointless to play those games.

In the mens games the 1/16/ 2/16 games used to be kind of meaningless, now they can be good games. the second round has NEVER been some automatic layup where any team could go 20-0 20 years in a row. Bad look.

Reactions: cyzygy11

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I watch it

I generally tune out dynasties in all sports after 3-4 titles so maybe just a different type that like that.

The dynasties I tune out all suck and barely win compared to that run they flashed up there for UConn WBB. I mean the Patriots, Yankees and Lakers are super crappy teams compared to that win %.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Well they're 20-0 in the second round their last 20 tournaments, maybe time to change up the home team format or go to 32, that's really pointless to play those games.

In the mens games the 1/16/ 2/16 games used to be kind of meaningless, now they can be good games. the second round has NEVER been some automatic layup where any team could go 20-0 20 years in a row. Bad look.

Getting away from the home games would be a good thing. Think WBB has reached a point where they have enough interest to move away from that.

Otherwise, not sure the point of this in the context of this specific game.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

They haven't won it all since 2016. I am not sure what you are trying to argue here. It used to be a foregone conclusion but the parity in the women's game has come a long way

• Winner
Reactions: Cyched

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
They haven't won it all since 2016. I am not sure what you are trying to argue here. It used to be a foregone conclusion but the parity in the women's game has come a long way

Did you see the win % by round they showed over the past 20 years?

They might as well start them in the Sweet 16. 40-0? That's broken.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Getting away from the home games would be a good thing. Think WBB has reached a point where they have enough interest to move away from that.

Otherwise, not sure the point of this in the context of this specific game.

I'd be way more into it if they did. Wasn't the first round 31/32 chalk this year?

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD

No I get what you're saying. And I agree. There's a glaring bubble aspect with the CC thing this year and last to some extent, as much as we don't wanna admit it.

It's been super team after super team for so long. The same thing people have complained ad nauseum for the NBA since somebody took his talents to South Beach. At least the NBA super teams play against actual pros.

Not saying it can't be fixed, but it's not going to happen organically doing things the way they were done thus far, IMO.