***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Not only did they throw a pick at one, they played and started him last season. Didn't work.

Purdy draft takes are pure hindsight and nothing else. On top that, he happened to get drafted into nearly the best QB situation in entire league.
Kansas City would’ve been better

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Falcons passed on Purdy 8 times and now are locked in on paying a QB $180M over the next four years, a veteran QB who happens to be past his prime and may not even be in the league in four years. Seems to me their front office made some really poor decisions, much more than the Vikings
So is the Atlanta QB decision worse then the NY Jets?

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Saw one article today where the possible punishment for Atlanta would be to swap first round picks with the Vikes. The story mentioned some precedent, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Mike Florio from Pro Football Talk was throwing that out there...he's a Vikings fan as well.

I heard a sound bite of it on PA's show, Florio was interviewing a woman (don't know who it was) and she said she doubted it would happen but there is precedent of the NFL doing that.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Not a die hard Vikings fan, but I tend to root for the Midwestern NFL teams. There have been rumors that the Vikings want to trade up for JJ McCarthy, but I think that would be a mistake. I'm wary of him as an NFL quarterback and I hope the Vikings don't trade up to get him. McCarthy wasn't asked to do very much at all and he was off on some easy throws in games I watched him.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and Acylum

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Patriots announced they are open to trade the #3 pick, but they also said they may keep it to draft a QB. All they are doing by making that announcement is trying to drive up the price of the pick. There aren't many teams with the draft capital to move up that high who want a QB. So teams won't be driving the price of that pick up between themselves.

I have a feeling the Patriots will trade the #3 pick. I think the Vikings have more leverage than the Patriots and could get the pick at a good price. It may come down to when New England is on the clock next Thursday night and who will flinch first.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Great article that breaks down the QBs by Tom Pelissero

I’d be fine with not drafting a qb at all to be honest.