MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
It’s not unreasonable. But I think it’s unlikely. I think it’s more than likely he’s done in CF forever though.
It's just odd that they immediately mentioned "Patella Tendon," kinda like they already know something.

I mean, normally you just say "knee soreness". Calling out specific ligaments or tendons immediately usually is not a good sign.

And that's s surgery that puts him out until at least the start of 2025, is it not?

I know that's jumping to s lot of conclusions, but this just seems kinda fishy. Like they had already found something with the tendon, kept it quiet while they tried rest and rehab, and, uh oh.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
It's just tendonitis most likely. Could just go away. Pretty common.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Big series this week. Off to a good start so far--18-1 in the 7th. Wish they could save some of the runs for the rest of the week.

Reactions: FLYINGCYCLONE

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Win the series vs. Cleveland = still need to grind but likely going to make the playoffs
Sweep Cleveland = can start thinking about playoff rosters/getting rotations set
Lose the next 2 to Cleveland = nutcup time

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not gonna remove my nutcup yet because I've been a fan of Minnesota sports teams for too long but I think we can start breathing a little easier, boys.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Not gonna remove my nutcup yet because I've been a fan of Minnesota sports teams for too long but I think we can start breathing a little easier, boys.
Yup, ‘season high seven game lead’ in September has a nice ring to it.

bsaltyman

Drinker of Ames Lager
SuperFanatic
Sep 20, 2012
Ames, IA
Win the series vs. Cleveland = still need to grind but likely going to make the playoffs
Sweep Cleveland = can start thinking about playoff rosters/getting rotations set
Lose the next 2 to Cleveland = nutcup time
After beating Cleveland tonight I think it’s pretty safe to say the Twins will win the division. Time to start counting down their magic number… 17. I’d also add that Cleveland’s remaining schedule is harder than Minnesota’s.

Reactions: CoachKM

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I wish Gray would have gotten the win tonight. He can’t seem to buy a win this year despite holding the ERA lead (entering today).

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
After beating Cleveland tonight I think it’s pretty safe to say the Twins will win the division. Time to start counting down their magic number… 17. I’d also add that Cleveland’s remaining schedule is harder than Minnesota’s.

Yep agreed. Win or lose tonight they took care of biz on the road.

Going back to the Allstar break I felt pretty good as the Twins had gotten almost all of their difficult road trips out of the way. Crazy that I think this roster is probably the one to finally break the no playoff win streak. Even if we don't win the series I think they get one.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We have an 18 game playoff losing streak. Keep the nut cup in place.

13 is the second longest ever....yikes.

I saw loss "16" against the Yankees. Was an electric atmosphere. However I'm pretty sure Twins had bases loaded no outs and no runs...so yeah.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
At least the Twins won today. Glad to see Kepler swing the bat and having fun again.

….and Cleveland loses again, Magic number down to 13.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLYINGCYCLONE