MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sounds like Buxton’s knee is an issue again and won’t be an everyday guy. Not sure what Correa’s excuse is. Not overly worried about Carlos’ early lack of production. He’ll heat up.
Planter facetious

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Time to give up on Kepler, even if all you get for him is a bag of sunflower seeds. Wallner should be the everyday RF
Agree. He’s not holding his own in RF. Gallo and Wallner can handle that spot.
I would be nice to see the Twins package Kepler for the A’s Richard Lovelady or Sam Long.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
When I get frustrated with the Twins lack of scoring, I just need to look at Oakland. I mean, Damn. And if Cleveland's pitching suffers, look out.

f2nnby4d983b1.jpg
Damn, the AL East is just loaded

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Time to give up on Kepler, even if all you get for him is a bag of sunflower seeds. Wallner should be the everyday RF
I am not sure there is a more frustrating player in the Twins organization over the last 8-10 years than Kepler.

Oh wait, how silly of me...it's as if I forgot Miguel Sano ever existed.

• Agree
Reactions: OKClones

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I am not sure there is a more frustrating player in the Twins organization over the last 8-10 years than Kepler.

Or Delmon Young...

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013

Sano has to dominate that list. He looked like a dominant guy at the plate to a guy that can’t even function. At least with Kepler he looks like he can be serviceable. He was trending well and popped in 2019, but I was a bit skeptical, as that season just seemed to be pure magic for everyone in that lineup.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019

I think they thought the new shift rules would benefit him supposedly but just haven't seen it. I honestly really like him but Wallner looks ready. I think a lot of us thought Sano could be the next David Ortiz. Well that's not happening. I just had to look and I don't think Sano is even playing baseball now unless it's somewhere out of the country.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Sometimes I swear that Aaron Gleeman reads this board. The last paragraph from his Athletic article regarding Kepler.

Any offseason argument for maintaining maximum outfield depth with Kepler is no longer a priority. He’s hit .198 in a lineup that’s struggled for two months, Larnach is close to returning from the injured list, and Wallner is too good for Triple A. They’re ready now, or at least as ready as they’ll ever be, and at some point the Twins need to find out what they have, for the present and future.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Sounds like Buxton’s knee is an issue again and won’t be an everyday guy. Not sure what Correa’s excuse is. Not overly worried about Carlos’ early lack of production. He’ll heat up.
The interesting thing is with him having been unable to go at 100% at any point so far this year is when the truth will come out about what is wrong.

If you've followed the right people, you can read between the lines that a lot of the beat guys have known something coming out of spring training, but can't state it explicitly.

Is it chronic? Degenerative? Something that can be fixed but needs major procedure/time off? Interesting times...

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
The interesting thing is with him having been unable to go at 100% at any point so far this year is when the truth will come out about what is wrong.

If you've followed the right people, you can read between the lines that a lot of the beat guys have known something coming out of spring training, but can't state it explicitly.

Is it chronic? Degenerative? Something that can be fixed but needs major procedure/time off? Interesting times...
One TC podcast (Zulgad) this week said Buxton’s knee issue is chronic and speculated that he will never play CF again.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Twins back in mid season form.... 16 strikeouts today. This has happened 4 times already this season. How is a team this bad at the plate?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Twins back in mid season form.... 16 strikeouts today. This has happened 4 times already this season. How is a team this bad at the plate?
The team is really struggling with the bottom of the strike zone. Guys swinging at multiple pitches in the dirt on the same at bat.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron