MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

Nococy

Jan 10, 2021
Fort Collins Co
Twins back in mid season form.... 16 strikeouts today. This has happened 4 times already this season. How is a team this bad at the plate?
need to hire a hiting coach that preaches making contact. Also rocco’s lineups are so confusing. one day you bat 1st next day 7th and the next day 4th. wth

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Frustrating to watch the Twins waste so many quality starts. Bring up Wallner and Larnach when he’s ready. What has Miranda been doing with Saints? Is he ready to bring back?

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Take the first two only to piss the next two down their leg, squeezing out 3 runs. Pathetic.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Take the first two only to piss the next two down their leg, squeezing out 3 runs. Pathetic.
Very. This team will go nowhere in the playoffs as usual. Perhaps they will extend their 18 game payoff streak. I fully expect them to get swept in the next 2 series (at Tampa and at Toronto)

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Another 12 strikeouts tonight. Twins lead the majors in strikeouts by a large margin. Pathetic.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The Twins are now averaging 10 strikeouts per game. That's unacceptable.

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Oof I didn't realize how bad the AL Central is. Twins are leading but are 31-30. They'd be in 6th place in the AL East and 4th in the AL West.

• Dumb
Reactions: RonBurgundy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Yeah, this team is going nowhere.

So frustrating too because the division is basically saying "hey take it, Twins!"

Hope we don't get swept at TB.

The only good thing we have in our favor is most of our tough road trips will be out of the way after this week. Already gone to NY, BOS, LAD, and HOU (now TB).

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
So frustrating too because the division is basically saying "hey take it, Twins!"

Hope we don't get swept at TB.

The only good thing we have in our favor is most of our tough road trips will be out of the way after this week. Already gone to NY, BOS, LAD, and HOU (now TB).
I fully expect Tampa to sweep the Twins. The Twins have 36 strikeouts in the last 3 games. Even the Oakland A's bat better than that.
Sadly, I won't be surprised if Toronto sweeps them this weekend as well. The AL east is just too good. The Twins are what they are.... if they win the division, they will likely continue that playoff streak of losses. They simply need better hitting and this roster just does not have it. I do hope that get some kind of spark going.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006

For me it's not even that. The Central has been the who sucks less division for quite some time and even if the Twins win by default, does anyone think they have a chance in the playoffs? If I saw some resemblance of an offense maybe, but the most expensive player on the team is at the Mendoza line, the most talented player is broken glass and the FO continues to believe in a right fielder who can't hit opposite field if his life depended on it.

Winning the division doesn't mean much when it just ends in another embarrassing playoff exit.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
For me it's not even that. The Central has been the who sucks less division for quite some time and even if the Twins win by default, does anyone think they have a chance in the playoffs? If I saw some resemblance of an offense maybe, but the most expensive player on the team is at the Mendoza line, the most talented player is broken glass and the FO continues to believe in a right fielder who can't hit opposite field if his life depended on it.

Winning the division doesn't mean much when it just ends in another embarrassing playoff exit.
Unfortunately, that is where they are headed.

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
Consider the possibility of the Twins if none of the Trades/Moves Falvine have made occurred since they were hired. No Rocco, Molitor as manager. No Kepler extension. No Sano extension. No Pressley Trade. No Donaldson deal. No Buxton extension. No Correa signing(s). None of it. One more step - drafting the BPA (by MLB ranking service) in 2019/2020 instead of Cavaco and Sabato. Heck, even BPA for every pick in every draft the last six years.

Basically taking the FO out of the equation the last 6 years and go on autopilot. Only miss Polanco extension (even that is a little questionable with minor league talent and how often he has been hurt) and Joe Ryan. One move and possibily one extension. Certainly would not be any worse today and would have more minor league talent.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I'm beginning to sour on Rocco and upper management. They have had successes, but this team is really poor offensively.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Consider the possibility of the Twins if none of the Trades/Moves Falvine have made occurred since they were hired. No Rocco, Molitor as manager. No Kepler extension. No Sano extension. No Pressley Trade. No Donaldson deal. No Buxton extension. No Correa signing(s). None of it. One more step - drafting the BPA (by MLB ranking service) in 2019/2020 instead of Cavaco and Sabato. Heck, even BPA for every pick in every draft the last six years.

Basically taking the FO out of the equation the last 6 years and go on autopilot. Only miss Polanco extension (even that is a little questionable with minor league talent and how often he has been hurt) and Joe Ryan. One move and possibily one extension. Certainly would not be any worse today and would have more minor league talent.

Well, if they had absolutely zero free agent signings, I guarantee they would most likely suck.

isufanz1

Apr 11, 2006
WDM
Well, if they had absolutely zero free agent signings, I guarantee they would most likely suck.
Who are the free agents on the team that are helping to produce these incredible results? Farmer? Correa? Gallo? Solano? Castro? Vasquez? None of these 'Free Agents' are world beaters nor are making much of a difference on this years team. I stand by my statement that having a monkey in the GM chair and letting the computer draft the classes using MLB prospect ratings would have been just as good if not better than what we have now.

Help Support Us

Become a patron