MLB: ***2024 Minnesota Twins***

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Does anyone want to get a "Minnesota Twins: 2022 World Series Champs" tattoo with me?
With the Twins having the best starting pitching ERA in the AL, we've got a chance. I wouldn't get the tat yet, but we've got a chance.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I love the Twins, but I'll stick with my ISU tatt.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
He's gonna be great, guys!!!

Not an athletic subscriber but I listen to Aaron Gleeman on his Gleeman and Geek podcast. Do any of you listen to that? They have a free pod they do once a week and then have second weekly one on the Patreon app (it's a buck an episode) that they go even more deeply into all things Twins. Super solid and interesting stuff for you fellow suffering Twins fans if you haven't already checked it out.
I’ve been listening to Gleeman and The Geek for years. Great podcast. It’s a must-listen for Twins fans.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
Going into Tampa and taking 2 of 3 was nice. Hopefully the bats are starting to come around. A lot of season left but so far the great pitcher scrap heap experiment is working.

I see that Sano went on the 10 day IL. I don't wish the guy ill will, but honestly, it wouldn't bother me to see the team forced to go without him for a long stretch, because I just don't see how useful he is at this point. .093 BA after 17 games. Wishing for those increasingly rare hot streaks is still a net negative. Kepler at least provides good outfield defense (and is currently hitting much better), but most anyone can play first base.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Going into Tampa and taking 2 of 3 was nice. Hopefully the bats are starting to come around. A lot of season left but so far the great pitcher scrap heap experiment is working.

I see that Sano went on the 10 day IL. I don't wish the guy ill will, but honestly, it wouldn't bother me to see the team forced to go without him for a long stretch, because I just don't see how useful he is at this point. .093 BA after 17 games. Wishing for those increasingly rare hot streaks is still a net negative. Kepler at least provides good outfield defense (and is currently hitting much better), but most anyone can play first base.
Agree. At this point, there is no chance the Twins bring him back next year. He's in the final year of his contract. At his current pace, he will be playing for the St Paul Saints for the rest of his career.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Agree. At this point, there is no chance the Twins bring him back next year. He's in the final year of his contract. At his current pace, he will be playing for the St Paul Saints for the rest of his career.

He can't be optioned to Triple A anymore. If he gets sent down, he would be DFA'd and able to sign elsewhere (which probably wouldnt be a bad thing)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
He can't be optioned to Triple A anymore. If he gets sent down, he would be DFA'd and able to sign elsewhere (which probably wouldnt be a bad thing)
You all know damn well he is going to come back from the IL and then at some point in the next month is going to going on this epic 10 day stretch and carry the team, right? He does this same crap every year. EVERY. SINGLE. *******. YEAR.....

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
You all know damn well he is going to come back from the IL and then at some point in the next month is going to going on this epic 10 day stretch and carry the team, right? He does this same crap every year. EVERY. SINGLE. *******. YEAR.....
That is so true. Still, I'm fine with moving on from him. Sano is a massive disappointment.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
That is so true. Still, I'm fine with moving on from him. Sano is a massive disappointment.
Yeah, I'd say given the hype and the type of prospect he was, he's been a little disappointing. Not enough to call him a bust. Honestly if he would just strike out 20-30% less often as he does, nobody would probably mind him. It is apparently too big of an ask, as he's had the same issues since his rookie season.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

Sano will heat up, and he's been league average or better each of the last 3 years, even with his huge slumps, so I wouldn't totally give up on him. It hasn't been since 2018 that he was actually a net negative. Its just silly to say so.

Depending on how the young'uns keep playing, they might think about trading him. Right now, I probably wouldn't re-sign him next year, but who knows.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Sano will heat up, and he's been league average or better each of the last 3 years, even with his huge slumps, so I wouldn't totally give up on him. It hasn't been since 2018 that he was actually a net negative. Its just silly to say so.

Depending on how the young'uns keep playing, they might think about trading him. Right now, I probably wouldn't re-sign him next year, but who knows.
I agree... he will heat up as always. He really can't get worse. His start to this season is epically poor.

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022

Agree. Hope Sano does heat up mid-season and there is some out there that would take a trade flier.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I think every Twin fan fears another Ortiz situation if Sano goes somewhere else. Even taking away the Dominican connection, the player similarities are hard to ignore.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron