2024 concerts

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Going to see Amon Amarth (viking themed heavy metal for the uneducated) at Bayou Music Center in downtown Houston this coming Monday. I saw them once prior at Mill City Nights in MSP in early 2013 or 2014. head banging to max to say the least

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
Just got tickets for Neil Young and Crazy Horse in Dallas on May 2nd. Have never seen him and has been on my bucket list. Not my favorite music venue in the area but should still be a great show.
I've always loved Neil, especially the Crazy Horse stuff. But he's always eluded me. When I noticed the Love Earth Tour I realized it was time to rectify that. My pilgrimage will take me to West Valley City, Utah — Utah First Credit Union Amphitheatre on 7/29. Jam on!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Ashes To New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah last night at Val Air.

Elijah
Ok energy, but very forced feeling, vocals were rough for the Val Air, despite a couple recent songs I’m not sure they have a long term future. Power went out mid set so threw them off a bit. Virus was somewhat ruined by the mixer.

Phix
Not a huge fan of the specific mix of their hip-hop/rap and hard rock despite usually liking that (see FATN below). Doesn’t work as well as some other up and comers. The drummer is only 11 and plays like he’s 30. He and I got talking for about 20 mins in between later sets. Dude has some off the wall energy… and apparently really likes sugar cookies the way he was downing them.

Ekoh
Hip-hop/Rapper not too different sounding from Eminem. Good stage presence and vocals, unique mix of story and song, big on crowd engagement, will be interesting to see where he goes. Certainly potential, especially with collaborations.

Point North
Great energy and crowd engagement, horrible artificial high pitch sound throughout their set that didn’t work well with my ears. Would like to see them in a different venue as they have some great songs and a lot of potential.

From Ashes To New
One of my favorite young bands, second time seeing them live. Dual lead singers, quite a bit of Linkin Park in them, superb lyrics, and a really monster recent album. Absolutely dominating stage presence and energy, much like Nothing More but with twice the vocalists. Out of the couple hundred acts I’ve seen, top 5 for energy and presence. Huge future ahead. Wife and I got to hang out with them alone after the show and they are just awesome dudes. Didn’t want my cane in the pics so the leads Danny and Matt helped me around. First time my wife had seen them live and she was blown away.

Would post pics of hanging out with the band but try to keep a low visual presence online outside of our family website (self confidence issues).

Last edited:

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Ashes To New, Point North, Ekoh, Phix, Elijah last night at Val Air.

Elijah
Ok energy, but very forced feeling, vocals were rough for the Val Air, despite a couple recent songs I’m not sure they have a long term future. Power went out mid set so threw them off a bit. Virus was somewhat ruined by the mixer.

Phix
Not a huge fan of the specific mix of their hip-hop/rap and hard rock despite usually liking that (see FATN below). Doesn’t work as well as some other up and comers. The guitarist is only 11 and plays like he’s 30. He and I got talking for about 20 mins in between later sets. Dude has some off the wall energy… and apparently really likes sugar cookies the way he was downing them.

Ekoh
Hip-hop/Rapper not too different sounding from Eminem. Good stage presence and vocals, unique mix of story and song, big on crowd engagement, will be interesting to see where he goes. Certainly potential, especially with collaborations.

Point North
Great energy and crowd engagement, horrible artificial high pitch sound throughout their set that didn’t work well with my ears. Would like to see them in a different venue as they have some great songs and a lot of potential.

From Ashes To New
One of my favorite young bands, second time seeing them live. Dual lead singers, quite a bit of Linkin Park in them, superb lyrics, and a really monster recent album. Absolutely dominating stage presence and energy, much like Nothing More but with twice the vocalists. Out of the couple hundred acts I’ve seen, top 5 for energy and presence. Huge future ahead. Wife and I got to hang out with them alone after the show and they are just awesome dudes. Didn’t want my cane in the pics so the leads Danny and Matt helped me around. First time my wife had seen them live and she was blown away.

Would post pics of hanging out with the band but try to keep a low visual presence online outside of our family website (self confidence issues).
Odd, did they give a reason for this?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Any A Day to Remember fans around here? I may see them later in June. Saw them once around 2016 and they were shockingly awesome.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Just learned about Cole Swindell performing at Okoboji (Arnolds Park) on July 26. Really looking forward to seeing him in this type of venue.

ruflosn

Dec 21, 2008

Anyone been to the tailgate and tallboys in Clinton. Heading over this weekend and have never been there.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
I finally broke down and bought some noise reducing ear plugs.
I ended up settling on Ear Peace. Trying to protect the hearing I still have.
Anyone else use a similar product?

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I grew up blaring hard rock and nu-metal and had 4x 12” speakers and a massive amp in my trunk. Somehow I survived that but some concerts make me feel my age nowadays.

I have both the Eargasms and Loop Experience Plus. I like the sounds of the Eargasms better but the shape of my ears makes them push out constantly, even with different size outers. They’re a pretty slick silicone. The Loops fit much better but things aren’t quite as crisp with them. I tried adding the mutes to them for the extra 5db and that made it way too muddy. I’ve settled on the Loops without mute inserts.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropy

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
I knew I needed them after Foo Fighters blew my ears out at Wells Fargo back in about 2017 or so. I've used Eargams for ever since. I'm pretty sensitive to loud music and usually have them in at all live shows.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropy