2024 concerts

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Went to Spring Revelry in Indianola, Saturday and was entertained throughout. Headliners Turnpike Troubadours put on a great show. Trampled By Turtles were also good. I was pleasantly surprised as I am not a big fan of there's but they are a great live band. While I have been a big fan of Cody Canada since his Cross Canadian Ragweed shows, it's sad that I think his best days are behind him.

I was there as well. I think the weather may have kept a few people away as it didn't seem super crowded. You could get up much closer to the bands than most other festivals.

Turnpike was incredible, as always, and I also enjoyed Trampled by Turtles.

Last edited:

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
This years lineup for me:

Dan + Shay - Ben Rector - Hailey Whitters
Zach Bryan - The Middle East - Levi Turner
Adam Doleac - Troy Cartwright
Noah Kahan - John Vincent III
Kenny Chesney - Zac Brown Band - Megan Moroney - Uncle Kracker

Reactions: Angie and 0u812

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Quick review from tonight. Odd start time of 6:00.

Tim Montana - Really only like one song. He spent more time talking between each song than he did singing. And every time it was repeating how poor he was, over and over again.

Saint Asonia - 3rd time I’ve seen them as an opener in past year. Good as always. Nothing wow, but pretty good as always. Lead used to be in Three Days Grace so always good when they play 2 or 3 from those early days.

Seether - Dudes can still bring it. Vocals and instrumental perfect (Vibrant in Waukee does awesome with hard rock). Not a ton of on stage presence/engagement, but was expecting that. Certainly not a marathon running band like Nothing More last week, but perfect at the pure music side.

Staind - Absolutely hate the lead singer’s extremist views so was hesitant waiting for a rant at some point - probably kept me from enjoying as much as I could. Political commentary of any kind or side at concerts is a pet peeve. Stage setup was great. Vocals and instrumental as good as ever - they actually seem to be getting better, stronger with age. Very little movement or action, everybody stayed in their 2 foot square. Music side incredibly strong, no added energy or engagement though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1100011CS

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Great show. They didn’t let you take photos of the band while on stage, but I was right up front.
They also gave away a tree during the show. Lots of crowd interaction and sing alongs:
View attachment 129048
Ahh so that’s what it meant by tree intermission giveaway on the set list. It’s literally what it says. lol

It says they started with one of my favorites-Sheep Go To Heaven.

Was just at Sessanta last week and Maynard only allows phones out for the last song. I kinda like it that way.

Reactions: Entropy

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
A+ weather
So glad we got a break in the storms. Sessanta in Bonner Springs had a thunderstorm roll through and pushed the start back from 7:30 to around 9:15. Ended up getting a bit over half the normal set list but at least it wasn’t a cancellation. Still a great show.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Cake day! See you all there.
We were there. They sounded great. Although, my favorite part of the show was the ever crescendo-ing intro music, before the show. It kept getting more and more intense. The crowd was entirely on their feet, waiting for the band to come out, but the music just kept going on and on, building and building, until they finally came on, and immediately played Sad Songs and Waltzes" one of their slowest songs. It was such a dramatic juxtaposition compared to the intro.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
We were there. They sounded great. Although, my favorite part of the show was the ever crescendo-ing intro music, before the show. It kept getting more and more intense. The crowd was entirely on their feet, waiting for the band to come out, but the music just kept going on and on, building and building, until they finally came on, and immediately played Sad Songs and Waltzes" one of their slowest songs. It was such a dramatic juxtaposition compared to the intro.
Definitely a fun show! The start was very Cake like.

Reactions: Angie and Mr Janny

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Going to my first concert in probably ten years at the end of summer! Sophie Ellis-Bextor announced new North American dates for September, including Chicago. Smaller venue, reasonable ticket prices (before service fees), so decided why not? Friend in Chicago pointed it out and mentioned he was thinking about going, so I said, "get two".

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
We were at the Cake show too -any ideas what the attendance number was?
No idea, but there were a lot. I didn't realize how popular that show was going to be. It was packed.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How was grass situation, Porta potties, etc last night?
I'm intrigued with seeing Plant and Kraus.

Reactions: Angie

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
How was grass situation, Porta potties, etc last night?
I'm intrigued with seeing Plant and Kraus.
Everything was great yesterday. Lots of grass and no mud that I saw. Porta potties were clean. I’ve been to a few shows there now and it’s never been bad. They seem to put in a lot of effort in making everything nice.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Everything was great yesterday. Lots of grass and no mud that I saw. Porta potties were clean. I’ve been to a few shows there now and it’s never been bad. They seem to put in a lot of effort in making everything nice.
Porta pots were great, lights, etc, the parking was easy enough but it took us am hour to get out of there
Did you notice if there was bicycle parking?

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
1000004611.jpg
b803842a-990b-4686-89f6-ab951bfd41bf-1_all_18614.jpg
Like others have said, cake was great. Security tried to get people to not stand in the no standing area, so everyone behind could see, but they lost that battle after a couple of songs. I really like how Cake does their shows. Plays 9 good songs, than a short intermission, does the tree thing, and then finishes it off with 8 or so great well known songs.