2024 concerts

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
One of my colleagues opted for the VIP experience and had nothing but good things to say about it. She got some great pictures with him as well for her social media accounts.
My now wife and I were first seeing each other in 2000 when we went with a friend to the Insight.com bowl game against Pitt in Phoenix. We spent quite a lot of time at his bar/restaurant called Alice Cooperstown that week. He played New Years Eve and we hung out with him before they played a set in the bar side which was about the size of the back part of Cy's Roost. Little guy, quite and reserved made it hard to image the ruckus he caused with his live shows back in the day!

We resisted the "We're not worthy" but we didn't even ask for a picture with him! :(

Reactions: NWICY and Entropy

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Really wish this wasn't a Tuesday after a holiday week.

Not gonna lie, I’d pay top dollar for that. Maybe they don’t have it anymore and play their newer stuff but That Bringing down the Horse album is one of the most underrated albums of all time

Reactions: clone4life82

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not gonna lie, I’d pay top dollar for that. Maybe they don’t have it anymore and play their newer stuff but That Bringing down the Horse album is one of the most underrated albums of all time
I think their new album drops that day too.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
Agree. Not a bad song on the album. A 90s favorite.

• Agree
Reactions: Nothingman

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
They've been on my list for some time. Time to check the calendar and make sure I'm in town.
I'm a bigger fan of The Soft Bulletin, but Yoshimi is a solid album as well.
I saw them last time they played Hoyt Sherman. Awesome show!

Reactions: Entropy

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Upcoming:
TOOL in Denver with Elder
Wheeler Walker at Val Air
Ari Shaffir
Tom Segura
Cake
Dave Matthews Band
Hinterland

This concert season is looking mighty pricey!
Ari Shaffir was one of the biggest disappointments in comedy I've seen. I left about 10 minutes early, not because I was offended, but because I was bored. It seemed like he was trying out new material but it was all New York based stuff. We don't have homeless people on our subways because we do not have a subway. It just seemed like a half baked hour with no real sense of direction.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just saw these announced. Not my cup o' tea but FYI...

THE FLAMING LIPS
PERFORMING 'YOSHIMI BATTLES THE PINK ROBOTS'
June 25 at McGrath Amphitheatre
Pre-sale: NOW-10p
Password: MAMMOTH
PRIMUS
COHEED AND CAMBRIA
TOO MANY ZOOZ
Saturday, July 27 at McGrath Amphitheatre
Pre-sale: NOW-10p
Password: MAMMOTH

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
I’m pretty excited about the Avett Brothers at the fair! Saw them at CY a few years back and then at Wells Fargo last year. The Wells Fargo show was amazing. Top five concert for me. Played almost everything I wanted to hear, including a lot of more obscure stuff I wasn’t expecting. They are amazing live. G Love as an opener is a nice bonus.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I’m pretty excited about the Avett Brothers at the fair! Saw them at CY a few years back and then at Wells Fargo last year. The Wells Fargo show was amazing. Top five concert for me. Played almost everything I wanted to hear, including a lot of more obscure stuff I wasn’t expecting. They are amazing live. G Love as an opener is a nice bonus.
It's probably just me, but this year's lineup is horrible. Jelly Roll is about the only modern band and I've heard he is absolute dog **** in concert (I only like 2 of his songs).

I'd love to see Pop Evil but couldn't survive sitting through a modern Motley Crue concert.

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812 and 1100011CS

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
It's probably just me, but this year's lineup is horrible. Jelly Roll is about the only modern band and I've heard he is absolute dog **** in concert (I only like 2 of his songs).

I'd love to see Pop Evil but couldn't survive sitting through a modern Motley Crue concert.
Totally agree the overall lineup is poor this year for me.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Cage the Elephant with multiple Midwest stops late this summer.
Playing at Wells Fargo in Des Moines 9/13 with Young the Giant. Would be fun but I don’t love huge indoor venues or their prices. Tickets go on sale Friday so I have time to make a decision.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron