***2024 Big 12 Wrestling Championships (March 9-10)***

Lyon309Cy

Sep 5, 2010
I wasn't able to watch, so thanks everyone for the updates. Awesome to be able to win without having everything go our way, and in fact being straight up screwed out of some matches. Sucks in the moment, but encouraging to see how Casey and MJ responded, and also nice to have enough margin to overcome Stallwater home cooking.
Do they award a Most Outstanding Performer? Fix, KOT, Keck, and Yonger all have an argument.

ISU_Cyclones

May 9, 2018
So happy for Yonger, he should get the 1 seed. Should be sending 9 to nationals, I have to assume Feldkamp get's an at large but I guess I can't say for sure. David's was sure disappointing but you can't count him out of anything, I think he gets the 3 seed now and we see another round of O'toole vs Carr. I have to hope David comes in with a better gameplan this time.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I know OSU is down, but there couldn’t have been 2k people there at the end tonight. Why can’t we rotate this thing around???

You need a city that wants it, a suitable venue and amenities, and a local committee who'll outdo Tulsa when it comes to greasing the wheels (or palms).

Could Des Moines do it? Maybe, but WFA is in use through Friday night.

I wonder if Kansas City could/would do it at Municipal. Imagine going to the WBB tournament Saturday morning in T-Mobile, grabbing a few beers at P&L, then walking over to Municipal for the Saturday night semifinals. And then Sunday would only be wrestling due to the hoops off-day.

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I can’t speak for everyone else, but I think we’re all just super disappointed for David. We’re so invested in his success that the emotions after that match may have a few of us overreacting (myself included). It’s sucks to watch David lose to him the last two times.
Gable losing back in the day led to the team and crowd crushing it for ISU.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
You need a city that wants it, a suitable venue and amenities, and a local committee who'll outdo Tulsa when it comes to greasing the wheels (or palms).

Could Des Moines do it? Maybe, but WFA is in use through Friday night.

I wonder if Kansas City could/would do it at Municipal. Imagine going to the WBB tournament Saturday morning in T-Mobile, grabbing a few beers at P&L, then walking over to Municipal for the Saturday night semifinals. And then Sunday would only be wrestling due to the hoops off-day.
There’s also HyVee arena (Kemper).