2024 Big 12 Championships in Tulsa

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Anyone know when brackets are released?
According to last years thread that @theshadow did the preseeds should be released this weekend next Monday and the final brackets right before the start of the tourney. I also imagine there was a bracket release a little earlier than the Friday before and that they were just updated last minute.

NOTE: The post below is from last year(2023).
Big 12 Wrestling Championships
Saturday, March 4 | Sunday, March 5
BOK Center | Tulsa, Okla.

***EVENT SCHEDULE/MEDIA LINKS***

SESSIONDAY/TIME (CT)ROUND(S)MAT 1MAT 2MAT 3MAT 4MULTIVIEW
1Sat., 10 a.m.First Round
Quarterfinals
ESPN+ESPN+ESPN+ESPN+ESPN+
2Sat., 5 p.m.Conso R16
Conso R12
Conso R8
Semifinals
3Sun., 12 p.m.**9th Place Brackets
Conso R6
^3rd/5th/7th
4Sun., 8 p.m.FinalsESPNU
**9th-place brackets will be contested at 165 and 285, to satisfy the "+1" aspect of potential NCAA at-large selections
^There will be no true placing matches

PRE-SEEDS (released Feb. 27): PDF

BRACKETS (as of March 3): PDF
[reflects changes at 125 pounds]

LIVE RESULTS: TrackWrestling

AUDIO: Varsity app

***NCAA QUALIFIERS***
125: 6133: 6141: 7149: 7157: 6
165: 8174: 6184: 4197: 6285: 8

***TEAM SCORING***
Placement:
16-12-10-9-7-6-4-3
Bonus: 2 (fall, forfeit, MFF, DQ, default), 1.5 (tech fall), 1 (major decision)
Advancement: 1 (championship), 0.5 (consolation)
Bye points: Advancement, only earned with win in following round

EDIT: Note about quoted post.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISU_Cyclones

1CycloneWrestlingFan

Jan 5, 2020
I have no clue but here's my late night guess. Very little research was done. Mostly off the top of my dome from results I can remember

1. Troy Spratley (OkSt)
2. Steve Poulin (UNCO)
3. Noah Surtin (Mizzou)
4. Tanner Jordan (SDSU)
5. Jore Volk (Wyo)
6. Trevor Anderson (UNI)
7. Kysen Terukina (ISU)
8. Eli Griffin (Cal Baptist)

Spratley over surtin, Jordan, Anderson, terukina. Surtin over volk. Poulin over volk (and surtin at big 12s last year). Jordan over Volk. Anderson over terukina. Terukina over Griffin.

1. Daton Fix (OkSt)
2. Evan Frost (ISU)
3. Dominick Serrano (UNCO)
4. Derrick Cardinal (SDSU)
5. Julian Farber (UNI)
6. Kade Moore (Mizzou)

1. Taegen Jamison (OkSt)
2. Anthony Echemendia (ISU)
3. Cael Happel (UNI)
4. Jordan Titus (WVU)
5. Josh Edmond (Mizzou)
6. Cael Carlson (SDSU)
Full disclosure, I have no clue. Everyone has beaten everyone here. If you go most recent wins, I think Ech could be the 1. Happel beat Jamison and Titus, Jamison beat Echemendia, Titus, and carlson, Echemendia beat Happel and Edmond, Titus beat Edmond, Edmond beat Happel

1. Casey Swiderski (ISU)
2. Ty Watters (WVU)
3. Logan Gioffre (Mizzou)
4. Willie McDougald (OU)
Went off flo big12 rankings

1. Vinny Zerban (UNCO)
2. Ryder Downey (UNI)
3. Teague Travis (OkSt)
4. Cody Chittum (ISU)
5. Brock Mauller (Mizzou)
Zerban undefeated. Downey with wins over Travis and Chittum. Travis with win over mauller. Chittum wrestled in Mizzou dual, mauller didn't. Reward guy that wrestled.

1. David Carr (ISU)
2. Keegan Otoole (Mizzou)
3. Peyton Hall (WVU)
4. Izaak Olejnik (OkSt)
Straightforward

1. Cade Devos (SDSU)
2. MJ Gaitan (ISU)
3. Brayden Thompson (OkSt)
4. Peyton Mocco (Mizzou)
Devos with wins over them all. Gaitan over Thompson. Thompson with win over mocco. Gaitan wrestled, mocco sat. 2 things not sure about here. How they'll seed Gavin Sax of NDSU and the recent Picklo win over Thompson (split this year)

1. Parker Keckeisen (UNI)
2. Dustin Plott (OkSt)
3. Bennett Berge (SDSU)
4. Sam Wolf (Air Force)
5. Will Feldcamp (ISU)
6. Clayton Whiting (Mizzou)
Plott has win over Berge. Berge over wolf. Wolf over Whiting. Feldcamp didn't get to wrestle Whiting.

1. Tanner Sloan (SDSU)
2. Stephen Buchanan (OU)
3. Rocky Elam (Mizzou)
4. Luke Surber (OkSt)

1. Wyatt Hendrickson (Air Force)
2. Yonger Bastida (Iowa State)
3. Zach Elam (Mizzou)
4. Josh Heinselman (OU)
5. Konner Doucet (OkSt)
Heinselman and doucet 1-1. Most recent win heinselman.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
I have a hypothetical question after seeing all the two seeds in the projection above. If we got six to seven in the finals but didn't win any could we still win the team championship? I know some would depend on the other three to four guy's placing as well. Would it even be within reach though?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I have a hypothetical question after seeing all the two seeds in the projection above. If we got six to seven in the finals but didn't win any could we still win the team championship? I know some would depend on the other three to four guy's placing as well. Would it even be within reach though?
I would think yes but there is some serious chaos that’s gonna happen in some of those brackets. Some of those weights are fairly stacked nearly anyone can beat anyone.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The other thing to thnk about is that every year a team comes seemingly out of no where and makes a strong push via falls. In years past that's often seem to be Oklahoma but I don't see it from them this year. Maybe Mizzou, Okie St and Us keep teams like that down but it's something to watch for.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
According to last years thread that @theshadow did the preseeds should be released this weekend next Monday and the final brackets right before the start of the tourney. I also imagine there was a bracket release a little earlier than the Friday before and that they were just updated last minute.

NOTE: The post below is from last year(2023).

EDIT: Note about quoted post.

And when this year's pre-seeds drop, I'll start a new championships thread with all of the other goodies (schedule, video links, etc.)

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006