2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
How many transfers do you see them adding?
I think they need 3, back up center, a long athletic forward and a dhooting guard that can compete for the starting job at the 2. Those 3 would fill out the rotation nicely.

Options
PG Ryan Jackson other freshman ( sorry name escapes me at the moment
SG/3G Jackson Joens Tanke transfer
SF/PF Brown Williams 2nd transfer
C Crooks 3rd transfer

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
How many transfers do you see them adding?
I would guess 3-5, and possibly a walk on. No secret that the coaching staff does not use the entire roster but having 11-12 on the roster allows them to still go 5 on 5 in practice while resting someone who is nursing an injury or something. I also think that B.F. will only offer if the fit is right and not just to fill a roster spot. Other thing is that barring an injury or portal entry Emily, Addy, and Audi are locked in the starting lineup. There may be an option for an elite shooter to come in and compete for a starting spot, but the rest of the portal recruits are coming is as role players. Much harder to recruit someone when your offering like 10 minutes a game playing time.

I also remember a year when going into a season we thought we are good at the post (Soares, Jordao, Kane, Zingaro) and by the end of the season it was Kane, and Diew playing out of position. Ideally we get a post player that can backup Audi, and another one the can red shirt, burn the red shirt if necessary. Lot more likely to get a player like that out of high school (which we didn't) than the portal.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
I think they need 3, back up center, a long athletic forward and a dhooting guard that can compete for the starting job at the 2. Those 3 would fill out the rotation nicely.
I agree with this. If the backup center can play away from the basket enough that we can play her and Audi at the same time on occasion, even better.

It wouldn't shock me if we bring in more than that since our roster is so thin at the moment. Maybe a project post for extra depth? Maybe two athletic wings instead of one?

Reactions: acoustimac

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I agree with this. If the backup center can play away from the basket enough that we can play her and Audi at the same time on occasion, even better.

It wouldn't shock me if we bring in more than that since our roster is so thin at the moment. Maybe a project post for extra depth? Maybe two athletic wings instead of one?
Having a 4/5 is my preference as well. Even so they're likely look to add someone that can give us 5 fouls when needed. Need some depth even if they aren't rotation worthy.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Was scrolling quick through some of the WBB threads and may have missed this being previously posted but the CW/Blum pod reported the following were visiting ISU this week or next:

Mackenzie Hare, Marquette
Tess Heal, Santa Clara
Sydney Harris, TCU
Lily Hansford, Oregon St
Nope, this is news to me. Hansford and Hare are on my 2024 recruiting thread and Harris was mentioned earlier in this thread, but now we know the interest in all three is serious. Heal is a new name.

Reactions: acoustimac

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Heal is a scorer. 5'10" sg who primarily shoots inside the arc but it's a decent three point shooter. Averaged nearly 19 ppg total in her first two years -- has two years remaining.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Harris and Hansford would both be solid additions.
Both have good length and athleticism and could play the wing (6’-1” and 6’-2”) and are solid three point shooters — thus, can stretch the floor which is key to playing alongside Audi, Emily and Addy.

Harris had an incredibly impressive freshman year at Central Michigan, where she was freshman of the year in the MAC conference. She was an impressive scorer who led Central Michigan in scoring in 20 out of 29 games including shooting 86% on free throws! Her sophomore year at TCU seemed to be delayed due to an early season ankle injury. But on the TCU site she is noted to be one of the best three point shooters in the country over 6’-1” (thus, a wing / stretch 3/4).

Hansford was the leading 3 point shooter in the very competitive PAC 12 last year and played extremely well in their NCAA tournament games. During the Pac-12 season, Hansford shot 53.2% (33 of 62) from behind the arc. At 6’2” she would fill that need for athletic length as well as fitting in extremely well with our offense — stretching the floor.

We were spoiled last year to the talents of Natabou as a back up to Audi. People seem to forget that Natabou was a very solid 6’-5” post player who had a double double in the 2023 NCAA tournament game playing for Sacramento State where she had 16 points and 10 rebounds (vs UCLA in 2nd round NCAA game).

Well, of course it would be great to get a another defensive post player who could be a back up for Audi, don’t be surprised if Addy plays some 5 / post defense next year when Audi is out (due to fouls or rest). Addy is solid and strong and more than capable.

If Iowa State was able to land the two noted players from the transfer portal that would be a huge win and the team would be well positioned for a conference title and strong NCAA tournament run next year.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Both have good length and athleticism and could play the wing (6’-1” and 6’-2”) and are solid three point shooters — thus, can stretch the floor which is key to playing alongside Audi, Emily and Addy.

Harris had an incredibly impressive freshman year at Central Michigan, where she was freshman of the year in the MAC conference. She was an impressive scorer who led Central Michigan in scoring in 20 out of 29 games including shooting 86% free.

Hansford was leading 3 point shooter in the very competitive PAC 12 last year and played extremely well in their NCAA tournament games . During the Pac-12 season, Hansford shot 53.2% (33 of 62) from behind the arc. At 6’2” she would fill that need for athletic length as well as fitting in extremely well with our offense — stretching the floor.

We were spoiled last year to the talents of Natabou as a back up to Audi. People seem to forget that Natabou was a very solid 6’-5” post player who had a double double in the 2023 NCAA tournament game playing for Sacramento State where she had 16 points and 10 rebounds (vs UCLA in 2nd round NCAA game).

Well, of course it would be great to get a another defensive post player who could be a back up for Audi, don’t be surprised if Addy plays some 5 year post defense when Audi is out (due to fouls or rest). Addy is solid and strong and more than capable.

If Iowa State was able to land the two noted players from the transfer portal that would be a huge win and the team would be well positioned for a conference title and strong NCAA tournament run next year.
If we can add a defense 1st post that can give us 10+ minutes and can make bunnies I'd say that box was checked. Agree Brown may play some 5 just wouldn't want to depend on it every night.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I found 10 posts from 6'3" to 6'7" that are either fr or so the 6'7" ones are from Baylor and Oregon so they are out there just need to see if they would fit and want to come play for us.

Edit: this does not include any grad player centers which could be an option for a one year back-up for us

Last edited:

ClonesMagic1

Sep 21, 2023
Unfortunately think it is going to be very difficult to convince a post to come here knowing she will be playing behind Audi in relief minutes.
Probably going to have to be someone undersized who could slide to the 4 and play both positions.

Reactions: Gizmo

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Unfortunately think it is going to be very difficult to convince a post to come here knowing she will be playing behind Audi in relief minutes.
Probably going to have to be someone undersized who could slide to the 4 and play both positions.
I don't agree with that. It just the expectation of the talent level. Are we going to get a solid offensive presence to come play 10 to 15 minutes? No. Can we get an athletic post that can make uncontested bunnies and is willing to battle defensively? Absolutely. This type of player is out there. We found one last year.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Isn’t that Alisa Williams?

Help Support Us

Become a patron