2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Jeeze, we have 8 freakin players left total including two freshmen who aren’t even here. Are we going to get any transfers?
Best guess if she's leaving she was told that are trying to add someone that will be competing for her minutes.

Reactions: acoustimac

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yep, hope CBF is in on some bigs in the portal. Anyone heard on any interest/visits etc?

Will be interesting. Unless they get a big 4 that can play across from and maybe also sub for Crooks at the 5, I have a hard time envisioning someone better than Natabou that would be willing to just come and play 8 minutes a game. Natabou didn't. Neither did Izzi, or so it seems. Either one would have been adequate for 2024 given we have no bigs coming in from HS. Top 4's and 5's aren't exactly abundant.

Last edited:

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
I suppose the men were in a similar position before some recent additions, but it’s still crazy we have 2.5 front court players and 8 players overall so far for next year.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
I'm surprised Natabou waited until now to announce. I would've thought she would've announced when Bristow/Diew did.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
So that leaves us with the five starters plus Kelsey, and that's it right?

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
We can find better she wasn't anything more then a back up for Crooks!
It's a tough ask because I get what you're saying, but the amount of competent bigs in the women's game that are going to jump at the opportunity to sit behind Audi is pretty low, I'd guess. Can you find someone who will embrace that role but still be able to provide good minutes? Girls who are 6'+ and able to handle B12 play aren't exactly falling off trees and especially not ones that are willing to know essentially for certain that they're playing a limited (but still very important) role.

But that's why Bill gets paid the big bucks and I'm getting home from an office job.

Reactions: bozclone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So that leaves us with the five starters plus Kelsey, and that's it right?
They have a shooter coming in and a future PG so they're ok in the backcourt but a vet would help. Frontcourt is going to need a couple, one that can fill in at the 5.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This is the one thing that sucks about the portal is when you lose quality depth pieces. I get the desire to play more minutes but would you rather play a bench role on a top 25 team or bigger minutes at a small school? I guess if it's all about playing time then the later but being a part of a team that will compete in a top conference and make the NCAA tournament would seem like something players wanting to compete at a high level would prefer. You never know when you could be in for a larger role if injuries happen too.

swclone11

Feb 17, 2024
This is the one thing that sucks about the portal is when you lose quality depth pieces. I get the desire to play more minutes but would you rather play a bench role on a top 25 team or bigger minutes at a small school? I guess if it's all about playing time then the later but being a part of a team that will compete in a top conference and make the NCAA tournament would seem like something players wanting to compete at a high level would prefer. You never know when you could be in for a larger role if injuries happen too.
This 100%. I don't fault anyone for doing what they want to do, but it's puzzling to me too. God forbid anything happen like what happened to Soares, but having Morgan Kane able to slot in and provide good minutes was vital to our success that year.

Reactions: CYdTracked

CY9008

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2010
West Des Moines, IA
Hot take: It's a culture issue when your entire bench wants out.
Emily Ryan will be the only returning player from the 22-23 team next year. Almost unheard of in the CBF program.

Lots of contributing factors with the portal and an excellent 2023 class (which we’re already down 1)

Including seniors and transfers:
2023 offseason departures: 8
2024 offseason departures: 7