NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Started to think Wolves had exercised the Minnesota sports demons, but apparently the demons just said hold my beer. ;)
It’s why being a cyclone fan is just like being a Minnesota sports fan: you always have your nut cup on because you know what’s going to happen!

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
At least they’ll maybe change that rule on calling a foul when reviewing an out of bounds play

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
In the NBA they can do such great things it's hard to play defense. People say they don't play defense but it's because of their level. Like you said a 23 ft step back 3 for the win is simple for doncic. Its hard to guard that, in hindsight not switching would of been better but then they're likely getting an easier shot in the paint.

I have no explanation for the Pacers play but that's much rarer and just a huge error

In that case it's a situational awareness problem - because the worst thing that would normally happen in that situation is they tie the game, forcing OT. Of course that's assuming they don't foul the shooter creating a 3-pt play... but then perhaps you foul the shooter in the lane ensuring he doesn't put up a shot that gets anywhere near the basket and make them earn the tie at the line.

Allowing Doncic a fairly open look for 3 to win the game was about the worst thing they could have done in that situation.

Yes, the refs didn't help the Wolves last night, but for all the talent they have they don't play smart at all.

• Agree
Reactions: GoHawks

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In that case it's a situational awareness problem - because the worst thing that would normally happen in that situation is they tie the game, forcing OT. Of course that's assuming they don't foul the shooter creating a 3-pt play... but then perhaps you foul the shooter in the lane ensuring he doesn't put up a shot that gets anywhere near the basket and make them earn the tie at the line.

Allowing Doncic a fairly open look for 3 to win the game was about the worst thing they could have done in that situation.

Yes, the refs didn't help the Wolves last night, but for all the talent they have they don't play smart at all.

I get what you’re saying, but once he has the ball if you get super aggressive with him there’s a chance he hoists up a 3 as he’s fouled an gets and easy 2 or possible 3 that way at the line.

Maybe they could have done a better job keeping the ball from Luka but once he has it near the three point line I think you have to just play him clean.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Towns is so bad in this first half that Luka Garza would be a better option.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Towns has been horrible. The refs this quarter are calling some week ****

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I just noticed a uniform "numbering" anomaly/question:
Luka Doncic has #77 (They also have roster players with numbers 17, 18, 36, and 88)
Rudy Golbert has #27

I thought in basketball (high school and college, at least). you could only have numbers 5 or below, to make it easier for the ref to signal player fouls to the scorer's bench? In the NBA this isn't mandated?

So is it different in the Pros? Most player numbers are "5 or below". but there are exceptions.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Not taking away anything from Gobert because he’s a good player, but for a dpoty the announcers are constantly concerned about him matching up with other players on defense.

He doesn’t look incredibly slow of foot, it shouldn’t be a huge deal because you can still block the shot if they get by you with that length. I don’t remember it being a big deal that players could get by similar shot blockers Hakeem or Mutombo, maybe nostalgia?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Kyrie is maybe the best ball handler in the league and he just dribbled it out like Hali did the other night. Happens to the best of them.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
NBA didn't even have to do anything to get Dallas Boston. Meltdowns by Minnesota and Indiana did the job. Puke.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I might be done with the NBA this year. The Pacers are basically toast without Haliburton; the Wolves have been playing the dumbest basketball ever, and I have no interest in a Celtics-Mavs finals.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Have there been sweeps in both conference finals before?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron