NBA: ***2022-2023 NBA season, post season, and offseason***

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
No more Marcus Flop and his obvious antics. Should be an NBA Smart Rule that makes him sit the rest of the quarter after each charge attempt. Although the Celts coach evidently was using this rule anyway.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No more Marcus Flop and his obvious antics. Should be an NBA Smart Rule that makes him sit the rest of the quarter after each charge attempt. Although the Celts coach evidently was using this rule anyway.

I really can't understand the average fan that apparently drives ratings that would prefer to have Lakers/Celtics/Smart flopping/past prime LeBron/chronically disinterested Davis/not clutch Tatum over these Nuggets/Heat/Jokic/Butler/Murray/Martin. They may as well be a different species in terms of what drives their sports interests and my own interest. I'm in the LA market so it goes beyond "they want big markets".

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Riles as a a player, coach, and exec has been to almost 25% of the NBA finals ever.
19 out of 77.

The Heat franchise has been in 20% of the finals since they were added as an expansion team in 88 and the pre Riley years drag that down.

Spurs and Heat have really kind of edged into that historic Lakers/Celtics grip on the finals over the past two decades. Will be interesting to see if GSW can get back and if Spurs can have another golden era with totally new core.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
The Heat franchise has been in 20% of the finals since they were added as an expansion team in 88 and the pre Riley years drag that down.

Spurs and Heat have really kind of edged into that historic Lakers/Celtics grip on the finals over the past two decades. Will be interesting to see if GSW can get back and if Spurs can have another golden era with totally new core.
Between Victor Wembanyama and rumors of trying to get another first round- potentially a second lottery pick, I have no doubt that Pop can ready/take them for a deep run in the near future.

Reactions: Peter

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

As much as I don't care for his antics, I'm assuming Green is done in GS.
The Spurs should have cap space for additions.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know Jaylan Brown is due for a super max contract but I wouldn't give it to him. In a game 7 at home to go to the finals you go 8-23, 1-9 from 3 and 8 turnovers.

Yet that performance is going to get him that very contract. He's so overrated.

Reactions: JP4CY

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I wouldn't be surprised that with a new arena, aging superstars, and a massive payroll, if he thought it would be easier to just start over somewhere else.

Or just get away altogether. Can't imagine the stress with that position in a sports franchise.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Da faq game 2 isn't till Sunday? I don't mind a day between games but 2 with no travel time? Boooooooorrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnnggggg

Reactions: Cyientist