theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Would the black lid with the cardinal and gold I-State logo look good with the all blacks? We wear that lid with the red uniforms once in a while.

I'm sure you can find a mockup over in the mega-thread.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
I really like the Trice patch -- and I continue liking it even more when I see it.
I miss the white helmet with the triangle/wedge shaped stripe.

• Agree
Reactions: bgprest

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I am not that much of a fan of the black, but if we are going to wear them, then against another dark red team is a good idea.

Reactions: Aclone

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’ve said that I’d be good with the blacks, if only there was a trace of Cardinal, at least an accent, somewhere on it.

The Trice patch would be sufficient.

All black, the monochrome, is boring.
The all blacks are very cool looking for sure, but I'm with those that would like our school colors somewhere on the uniform.

Would the black lid with the cardinal and gold I-State logo look good with the all blacks? We wear that lid with the red uniforms once in a while.
I'm sure you can find a mockup over in the mega-thread.
I was going to save for later, but OK, I think I will. Don't make too much fun of me if you go there. I'm getting fragile as I age!

I kind of knew we were going b/b/b for OU.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I'm fine with the black uniforms one game a year. I'm not as high on them as others, but the players seem to like them and I like the past results in them.

I will die on the hill that this was our best uniform (mainly because of the helmet); its a shame we only saw them once.
Iowa-State-Cyclones-running-back-David-Montgomery-carries-the-football-Getty-Images-Icon-Sportswire.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I'm fine with the black uniforms one game a year. I'm not as high on them as others, but the players seem to like them and I like the past results in them.

I will die on the hill that this was our best uniform (mainly because of the helmet); its a shame we only saw them once.
Iowa-State-Cyclones-running-back-David-Montgomery-carries-the-football-Getty-Images-Icon-Sportswire.jpg
I really liked the classic shoulder stripes on our white uni. On the Cardinal jersey a re-design was needed/ welcomed.

But on the white jersey, I liked the stripes so much that I would have voted to keep them just for the Away look. Just me.

Reactions: SoapyCy

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I’ve said that I’d be good with the blacks, if only there was a trace of Cardinal, at least an accent, somewhere on it.

The Trice patch would be sufficient.

All black, the monochrome, is boring.
I'd love if they did the cardinal/gold chrome helmet sticker with the all black unis. JT patch would be a nice touch too.

Mar 14, 2019
Our multi-year thread has over 4,000 posts. Is it time to create a new one for each year? Let's keep this to commentary on what they're actually wearing. I'll link each combo in this post for reference.

Game 3:

Game 2:

Game 1:

Question- How can I get the sideline gear that Campbell wears? Love the all black sweatshirt that he wears. Anyone know where I can get one? Thanks

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron