Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Futures pointing way up today. Where does everyone think the DOW will end up today?

I’m guessing it will end up 400-500 at close.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Bought a little RHHBY. We'll see how that works out for me.

Roche Holding AG (OTC: RHHBY) announced Friday that the FDA has issued an emergency use authorization for its cobas SARS-CoV-2 test, which aims to speed up the ability to test patients for the coronavirus.

The test will provide results in three-and-a-half hours and is available in markets accepting the CE mark for patients with signs and symptoms of COVID-19 disease and living in affected areas, Roche said.

The test is 10 times faster than Roche's existing one, according to Bloomberg.

"Providing quality, high-volume testing capabilities will allow us to respond effectively to what the World Health Organization has characterized as a pandemic,” CEO Thomas Schinecker said in a statement.

"It is important to quickly and reliably detect whether a patient is infected with SARS-CoV-2. Over the last weeks, our emergency response teams have been working hard to bring this test to the patients."

Roche said it will have millions of tests per month available for use: "Roche is committed to delivering as many tests as possible and is going to the limits of our production capacity."

The stock was down 8.96% at $35.66 at the close Thursday.

The stock has a 52-week high of $44.77 and a 52-week low of $31.81.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
That, and some serious underlying problems in the economy and financial system that have never been dealt with. The virus isn't so much causing as it is revealing, IMO.

1. The bull market has been on zombie mode and overdue for a basic correction for like 5 years.
2. Oil price war was a HUGE surprise, and will be the longer lasting impact to world economy. This is a good and bad thing depending on who you are.
3. Covid19 will reduce aggregate demand and reduce GDP, profits, cause some bankruptcies, etc. But moreso right now, it adds the uncertainty and fear that's caused the meltdown this past week or 2.

It's over corrected at this point. It will come back some thru the year but probably end down. After the election, and the Covid19 becomes more of a known, SARS-like event, and the oil price shock settles in, it will be just fine. 2021 will be a great year for stocks probably and Trump or Biden will take all the credit.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Continuing to DCA with my mutual fund accounts. With the bear market thinking about possibly buying some stocks and utilizing DRIP after seeing blue chips like Exxon and Johnson & Johnson down.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Continuing to DCA with my mutual fund accounts. With the bear market thinking about possibly buying some stocks and utilizing DRIP after seeing blue chips like Exxon and Johnson & Johnson down.
Bought apple stock about 20 minutes before closing yesterday. That was fun.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
Downhill skiing tomorrow. They blew their wad trying to stop it last week, this week realities begin to set in. I think were half way to the bottom.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
1. The bull market has been on zombie mode and overdue for a basic correction for like 5 years.
2. Oil price war was a HUGE surprise, and will be the longer lasting impact to world economy. This is a good and bad thing depending on who you are.
3. Covid19 will reduce aggregate demand and reduce GDP, profits, cause some bankruptcies, etc. But moreso right now, it adds the uncertainty and fear that's caused the meltdown this past week or 2.

It's over corrected at this point. It will come back some thru the year but probably end down. After the election, and the Covid19 becomes more of a known, SARS-like event, and the oil price shock settles in, it will be just fine. 2021 will be a great year for stocks probably and Trump or Biden will take all the credit.

Regarding the oil war there is a thread in Surly Horns about tanker supply and buying positions on tanker contracts sounded risky as hell to me but those guys are Petro heads so hopefully they know what they are doing. Supposedly the Saudies are filling up as many supertankers as they can rent.