2020 Football Targets

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Green is no longer a Tennessee commit. Hope we land him!
I was kinda wondering where we could use him, considering Anthony Johnson and Tayvonn Kyle. Johnson seemed to take a step up in coverage later in the year, and given that Tayvonn only started about half the season (and was a WR not long ago), I’d expect him to keep improving.

Then I remembered something CMC mentioned at the the start of last Spring drills. As I recall, he said that AJ was the best defensive back on the team, and he’d like to use him at the Star position if he could. In other words, if we had enough corners.

Well, it didn’t work out that way—but Art Green could give that flexibility. Possibly.

Imagine Green and Kyle at the corners, Johnson at Star, and Eisworth and White at the safeties. The seems like it could be a really, really interesting secondary to me. :)

in any case, Green looks like the kind of player who is so good that you take if you can get him—then worry about where he plays.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Is there a limit to how many you can have? I like the idea of going after some bigger TEs as walkons, and trying to make them into linemen. Iowa has thrive at this for years.

Just a guess but I would think any limit to PWO you can bring in would depend on roster size over the summer as you are limited on how many players you can have offseason contact with.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
I was kinda wondering where we could use him, considering Anthony Johnson and Tayvonn Kyle. Johnson seemed to take a step up in coverage later in the year, and given that Tayvonn only started about half the season (and was a WR not long ago), I’d expect him to keep improving.

Then I remembered something CMC mentioned at the the start of last Spring drills. As I recall, he said that AJ was the best defensive back on the team, and he’d like to use him at the Star position if he could. In other words, if we had enough corners.

Well, it didn’t work out that way—but Art Green could give that flexibility. Possibly.

Imagine Green and Kyle at the corners, Johnson at Star, and Eisworth and White at the safeties. The seems like it could be a really, really interesting secondary to me. :)

in any case, Green looks like the kind of player who is so good that you take if you can get him—then worry about where he plays.
I don't think Eisworth will be back next year, but there are plenty of other guys that can play safety -Miller, Bowens, K. Jones, T. Spears etc. I like AJ at corner, I think he's the best coverage guy on the team.