**2020 CF Election Mafia**

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What JM did is ******* hard, props to him for making the correct pick. I almost have a meltdown every time I'm trying to decide who is innocent when it gets down to the last handful of players.

Luckily for me, I'm usually dead long before we get to that point.
tenor.gif

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Was my theory not your exact thinking? After I call someone out for playing a second vote you didn't want to get a second vote on someone. Honestly, more than anything, hosting helps develop mafia strategy in a big way. That being said who's up?
I had no strategy whatsoever for the first few days, it was entirely random-selection voting. There wasn't any thinking behind it.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Can another inno confirm that mafia was completely playing lights out or am I just that bad? The vote counts were next to worthless

PSYclone22

Visual Analytics Mercenary
SuperFanatic
Aug 15, 2012
Des Moines
Some quick thoughts from my perspective:

JM: good job making the winning pick there.

Innos: holy ****, there was plenty of evidence that michael was inno and you STILL voted him out. WTF did he need to do to prove it?

Ctown: inno MVP with that write up at end of day 3. Nailed SCNCY, azhuth AND Fitzy

Fitzy: crushed it on determining which innos were special (Vikes based on singling out the top group from day 1, GBlade as the only one who would have the information to vote the way he did)

Also Fitzy: in the game thread itself he only ever tried to direct innos away from mafia. If anyone had ever gone back through his posts they would have pieced together a quality list of innos.

SCNCY: things were going well for mafia, then he tried to lead that charge on Ctown. Sometimes things just don't work out...

My broad takeaways if I wanted to help improve innos trying to find mafia: those lists of players who everyone thinks is mafia are so useful. Too often we get into "vote x player" mode and everyone jumps on without talking it through.

Second, look at the big picture. Fitzy convinced folks not to vote him out by pointing out a couple good things he did. But if looking at the broader picture the evidence pointed to him being mafia.

Third, and third is similar, don't forget what happened one or two or three days ago. Ctown put out his manifesto and crushed it, and then he died and everyone ignored what he did. That's just one example, but ir happened a few times where folks got distracted by the new shiny person at top of votes.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
We had two polar opposite players remaining, a quiet person with few good votes and a more active person with a number of critical votes (with me unilaterally executing people, usually), and both lost. Again, I don't know what more we could've possibly done. I was never able to shake an unfounded accusation from day one for reasons I still cannot explain.
You had some really well placed votes that kept you lower on my suspicion list for awhile but as it dwindled down I just didn't really think North or JM were mafia for a few different reasons.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Can another inno confirm that mafia was completely playing lights out or am I just that bad? The vote counts were next to worthless
Yeah both Cows and Arob had some well timed votes on mafia members.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
You had some really well placed votes that kept you lower on my suspicion list for awhile but as it dwindled down I just didn't really think North or JM were mafia for a few different reasons.
I think it's just a me thing now. I've played games where I hide away and don't add much via voting and get removed. I play some where my voting is much more useful and I get removed.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Innos: holy ****, there was plenty of evidence that michael was inno and you STILL voted him out. WTF did he need to do to prove it?

Ctown: inno MVP with that write up at end of day 3. Nailed SCNCY, azhuth AND Fitzy

Fitzy: crushed it on determining which innos were special (Vikes based on singling out the top group from day 1, GBlade as the only one who would have the information to vote the way he did)

Also Fitzy: in the game thread itself he only ever tried to direct innos away from mafia. If anyone had ever gone back through his posts they would have pieced together a quality list of innos.

SCNCY: things were going well for mafia, then he tried to lead that charge on Ctown. Sometimes things just don't work out...

My broad takeaways if I wanted to help improve innos trying to find mafia: those lists of players who everyone thinks is mafia are so useful. Too often we get into "vote x player" mode and everyone jumps on without talking it through.

Second, look at the big picture. Fitzy convinced folks not to vote him out by pointing out a couple good things he did. But if looking at the broader picture the evidence pointed to him being mafia.

Third, and third is similar, don't forget what happened one or two or three days ago. Ctown put out his manifesto and crushed it, and then he died and everyone ignored what he did. That's just one example, but ir happened a few times where folks got distracted by the new shiny person at top of votes.
Ahem...

Oh don’t worry.... first we’ll get Micheal, then Sara, then fitzy then azhuth and then we’ll storm Psy and take over the mafia headquarters!!!!!!

tenor.gif

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor

I figured I was destined to go out and figured I had to put up my theory. I really felt pretty confident on SCNCY and azhuth. Fitzy was more of a lean, but nothing I could really put my finger on up to that point.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Cows, fantastic game. Last night you truly had me completely flipped. Well done. Also, sorry for thinking you were a girl.

Reactions: MeowingCows

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
A very underrated point in the game was discy stepping up to say I was inno. Don’t remember if Fitzy went home that day or the next but he easily could’ve skated by with how bad I was playing.
Also pretty sure that’s one of the first times I’ve been that confident someone (Fitzy) was mafia early on and been right. Blind squirrel finds a nut

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I figured I was destined to go out and figured I had to put up my theory. I really felt pretty confident on SCNCY and azhuth. Fitzy was more of a lean, but nothing I could really put my finger on up to that point.
For the longest time I thought you were the third party candidate and had investigated SCNCY and azhuth. The plan originally was to keep you around until you admitted as such, or until SCNCY and azhuth had died... So by killing you, we'd hoped you'd be outed as having investigated SCN and azhuth and I could clear myself as just being mafia based on speculation instead of hard evidence.

...and then discy was ACTUALLY the third party candidate. When he cleared cyfan, that essentially ended my run. I obviously knew cyfan was inno, but had to initially play it off as if I didn't know that while also holding steadfast in claiming to be innocent - him admitting he didn't also investigate me ended up buying me one more day.

Overall, I'm not sure mafia could have done much more outside of perhaps not sacrificing each other in the name of improving voting records. It extended the life of 2-3 of us for sure, but the game could have been quite different had we decided to try to keep SCNCY alive during the day of the run-off. Innocents were still oh-fer at that point.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
People got waaaay too hung up on me voting for Michael. I wasn't a detective! JM, you played awful most of the time, but you redeemed yourself. Good job.

Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
People got waaaay too hung up on me voting for Michael. I wasn't a detective! JM, you played awful most of the time, but you redeemed yourself. Good job.
I might have quit mafia completely had I gotten Micheal lynched and then went on to lose the game.