Kansas - 27%
Iowa State - 14%
Baylor - 6%

No one else above 1%

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Does 22-6 mean we lose to George Mason in the Diamond Head? I thought we played 30 games this season if we made it to the championship round of that tournament.

We play 30 games in the regular season no matter what. There's a losers bracket for the Diamond Head.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Thanks for the post (despite my criticism of his s-curve teaser, I still look forward to Lunardi's brackets).
LVILLE is overrated with the new rules on touchy fouls. They have lost already. The Rumble in the Jungle should be controlled by the refs.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I kinda want to put like 10 bucks on iowa state to win the national championship.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I still can't believe Des Moines still hasn't has the chance to host the second/third rounds. If Des Moines can host WBB sweet sixteen/elite eight and the wrestling national championships, it can surely host the second/third rounds of the MBB tournament. And before anybody says there aren't enough hotels in the area, this has already been debunked. They said hosting the NCAA tournament is a tough barrier to break with the NCAA.

I thought the issue was number of full service hotels in the downtown area, which is most definitely lacking.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I thought the issue was number of full service hotels in the downtown area, which is most definitely lacking.
Several months ago KCCI did a story on it and they interviewed one of the execs of the Iowa Events Center and he said that hotels is not the reason why Des Moines hasn't hosted yet. He said that when it comes to the MBB NCAA tournament, they like to stick with cities that have hosted before and have succeeded in the past so it is a very tough barrier for a new city (ie Des Moines) to break through. He said that although they have been shut down, the NCAA told them to keep trying because Des Moines is on the cusp of hosting very soon.

Last edited:

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Several months ago KCCI did a story on it and they interviewed one of the execs of the Iowa Events Center and he said that hotels is not the reason why Des Moines hasn't hosted yet. He said that when it comes to the MBB NCAA tournament, they like to stick with cities that have hosted before and have succeeded in the past so it is a very tough barrier for a new city (ie Des Moines) to break through. He said that although they have been shut down, the NCAA told them to keep trying because Des Moines is on the cusp of hosting very soon.

Just make sure one of the Big 12, Big 10, MVC, Iowa, Drake, or UNI is the host and not ISU - If ISU ends up hosting they can't play there and I would LOVE to see opponents have to take on ISU that close to Ames.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Just make sure one of the Big 12, Big 10, MVC, Iowa, Drake, or UNI is the host and not ISU - If ISU ends up hosting they can't play there and I would LOVE to see opponents have to take on ISU that close to Ames.

It's okay if they host one game there. The rule is that any arena you have played 3 or more home games in is counted as a home court, and then you can't sent back there again.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If we play in as the 4 seed in Milwaukee like some of these predictions...any other Chicago Clones can take the amtrak up with me for $24 round trip and live it up without worrying about a driver :)

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
I kinda want to put like 10 bucks on iowa state to win the national championship.

I checked the odds. Right now it's only 100:1. I think last year we were mostly in the 400-600:1 range.

But thanks for the idea. I have a friend going to Vegas in a couple weeks and I want money on now before odds drop further.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I think the game in Morgantown is going to be a tough game too. I can see us dropping one of the OU or WVU games on the road.

As conservatively as possible, I see us going 2-1 in the Diamond Head, 7-2 at Hilton in Big 12 play, and 5-4 on the road.

Hard to see a record worse than 23-7 at the end of the day. Even that is probably right around a 6 seed.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
So, you get in line there Des Moines, like all the other good puppies.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
As conservatively as possible, I see us going 2-1 in the Diamond Head, 7-2 at Hilton in Big 12 play, and 5-4 on the road.

Hard to see a record worse than 23-7 at the end of the day. Even that is probably right around a 6 seed.

Yep, originally thought 23 wins, revision thread a month ago went to 25, and now maybe 26/27 wins. Feeling like Drake fever just a few years ago. First the Emmenecker Sandwich, now someone at HickPark needs to make a Kaninator Sandwich or a Hoiberger Ball Pizza?

Last edited:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

I think that DSM might technically have enough hotels by NCAA definition, which is obvious since they are applying, but just having enough by definition is not actually "having enough" in terms of what the NCAA is looking for and I think that is definitely holding us back.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale

Dingus

May 23, 2013
A 3 or 4 seed would be awesome, but a 5 or 6 seed is great as well to avoid that 1 or 2 seed 2nd round game. After that, give me an 11 seed!

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I don't really know how accurate that will be but I have a hard time taking anything that says Wisconsin will be a 1 seed serious.
yeah I don't see that of now.Iowa State is in the top 10 of the RPI at number 7.RealTimeRPI.com Big 12 Men's College Basketball Rating Percentage Index (RPI) Ratings - A leading sports ratings and resources community on the Internet Big 12 has the top RPI right now. It's early, but the Big 10 can suck it. Quick summary: Baylor (2), Kansas (4), Iowa State (7) Okie St. (14)