2 GREAT shows (Happy and Counterpart)- anyone watching?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Happy is on SciFi and is REALLY off-the-wall but super engaging. Great characters, great over the top acting, lots of physical comedy - great show to binge.

Counterpart is on STARZ and while it is "scfy-ish" it is a neat show with the main character playing 2 personalities in the same character (if that means anything). Premise is an alternate world was created in teh recent past and the 2 worlds have slowly drifted apart so the characters present at the split have their "other" still in existence.

Cytasticlone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 22, 2012
Ames, IA
Happy! was great! I had someone try and explain it to me before I watched it and I was like... "WTF are you talking about? Why would anyone watch that?" Then, I watched. And, it was awesome! I may have to find a way to checkout Counterpart now too. I haven't even heard of it, but if your saying both shows are good then I'll take that recommendation for sure. That, and the mention of JK Simmons, and I'm in hook, line, and sinker.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Loved Happy! Can't wait for season 2

Thought I read where Season 2 was a different cast of characters? I loved Chris Meloni as Nick Sax and thought the Wish guy was wonderfully over the top. There are so many good to great shows on the off-channels...

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Happy is amazing. I was trying to describe it to a friend, and the closest I could come was Roger Rabbit meets John Wick.

Reactions: BoxsterCy