122 degrees on ISU sidelines vs 94 degrees on Baylor’s

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I assume we have the right to require the other team to play without heaters in Ames in November then, right?

• Agree
Reactions: casey1973

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Miller and Condon just had a long discussion based on reports that it was 145 degrees! Dumb. Did they even watch the game? Several times the broadcast showed the thermometer and had a graphic saying it was 122 on our side and 94 on theirs.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Miller and Condon just had a long discussion based on reports that it was 145 degrees! Dumb. Did they even watch the game? Several times the broadcast showed the thermometer and had a graphic saying it was 122 on our side and 94 on theirs.
They showed that one thermometer several times and about 3 of them it looked to be stopped at exactly the same point. I think it was pegged out. I could be wrong but I believe they quoted a higher temperature at one point in the broadcast of over 140 degrees.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I know it hurts that we’ve actually accomplished something and ISU’s program apex is an Alamo Bowl loss.
We get our program taken down by mostly our own Regents’ doing to save their own skin (for lack of any real Title IX process), in throwing Art under the bus. Sad. It sucks for us. If you knew anything about the actual program that won two conference titles, you’d know this and know nothing was different with his teams than any other top program.
But I know it makes you feel better to throw that around as an insult and pretend that you’ve got some moral high ground when in fact you’re just the lovable losers of the B12. Anyway...

Even after all that, we are ahead of you again.

Campbell is an awesome coach but you can only do so much in Iowa. I hope you guys can hang onto him.

LOL. Baylor smack. Love it.

A two-point win on a last-second field goal and you're ahead of us again? Ok. Sure.

Baylor is a trash program top to bottom. Don't ask us, ask the rest of the conference. Or really anyone who has ever come in contact with Baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: whitehispanicfrog

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
They showed that one thermometer several times and about 3 of them it looked to be stopped at exactly the same point. I think it was pegged out. I could be wrong but I believe they quoted a higher temperature at one point in the broadcast of over 140 degrees.

The 140 temp was the temp of the ground/field turf. The air temp was reported to be 120 on isu side.

Additionally, the broadcast said the Big 12 told ISU they had to take down the tents. I don't think it was Baylor's decision, based in the ESPN broadcasters. Although Baylor did benefit from the decision.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
The 140 temp was the temp of the ground/field turf. The air temp was reported to be 120 on isu side.

Additionally, the broadcast said the Big 12 told ISU they had to take down the tents. I don't think it was Baylor's decision, based in the ESPN broadcasters. Although Baylor did benefit from the decision.

Because Baylor complained to the Big 12 that Iowa State didn't get approval for the tents earlier in the week.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
It’s still gonna feel good when they Texas Longhorns come to Ames and it’s a night game and it’s 25 degrees and windy.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
First off, I still don't understand why ISU didn't get the proper okay ahead of time for the tents, however, with that being said, Baylor was totally being a**holes as usual by not allowing the tents.

In that pic earlier in this thread, the tents were set really low to the ground and looks like there would be no issue for the crowd to see over them at all.... so Baylor was just being their normal a-hole selves on this.

Not surprising they don't care about people's lives.... look how they've handled all their other scandals down there. Such wonderful Christian people.

• Agree
Reactions: Bewilderme

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
We will see how vindictive CMC is when Baylor comes to Ames next year. The interesting thing that is developing here is a nasty rivalry which is always juicy.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Not sure if the Baylor game date has been set for next year.....if it happens to be on a hot, sunny day (unlikely), can we deny the request to use tents? I mean, they said we had to request permission, but I'm not sure anyone has said whether that permission must be granted.

I'd rather have them playing on a 10 degree day without heaters and coats anyway.

• Winner
Reactions: Blandboy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron