• Yes

Votes: 54 93.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby

Very interesting here… the logistics to pull this off are pretty impressive. Without having prior knowledge - I don’t know how it could be done.

Inside Job?
Guessing there will be a lot of pork served at tailgates in Iowa City this weekend....

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Last week, my wife had to run an errand in the morning, and she texted me to say she was going to stop at McDonald's for breakfast, and asked if I wanted anything. I don't get to have McDonald's breakfast very often so I was in.

What I intended to text back was "Yes! Sassage McMuffin!" (Sassage instead of sausage because I'm clever like that)

What it autocorrected to was "Yes! Sassafras McMillan!" which left her confused, yet somehow still understanding of my true meaning. We later decided that Sassafras McMillan would make an excellent band name.

Additionally, it would make a perfect code name for me in my role as getaway driver in a highly coordinated meat heist.
"Ok, if we're going to pull off this pork product job, we're going to need a top notch wheel man. Who do we like for it?"
"What about Sassafras McMillan?"
"I thought he was doing a nickel for that Taco Bell job?"
"Yeah, but he got out early. Good behavior."
"Nice."

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Where exactly would someone sell this meat? Is there a pork black market? If so, I want in.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2020cy

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I can see someone talking their way into getting one trailer on an off shift maybe, but three trailers!

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Last week, my wife had to run an errand in the morning, and she texted me to say she was going to stop at McDonald's for breakfast, and asked if I wanted anything. I don't get to have McDonald's breakfast very often so I was in.

What I intended to text back was "Yes! Sassage McMuffin!" (Sassage instead of sausage because I'm clever like that)

What it autocorrected to was "Yes! Sassafras McMillan!" which left her confused, yet somehow still understanding of my true meaning. We later decided that Sassafras McMillan would make an excellent band name.

Additionally, it would make a perfect code name for me in my role as getaway driver in a highly coordinated meat heist.
McMillan and Wife . . . or are you too young to remember that Sunday Night show?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Coming from the transportation/logistics side of things, this is not nearly as complicated as some of you are making it out to be. If the bills of lading for these loads were accessible for the thief, they merely show them to the guard and drive out with no resistance at all. Any driver that has been to that location before could probably steal a load without an Oceans 11-style heist.

Reactions: Ingynow and wxman1

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Coming from the transportation/logistics side of things, this is not nearly as complicated as some of you are making it out to be. If the bills of lading for these loads were accessible for the thief, they merely show them to the guard and drive out with no resistance at all. Any driver that has been to that location before could probably steal a load without an Oceans 11-style heist.
Many times they are placed just inside the back door so the driver has to open and inspect and then seal the doors (at least how we always set thing later up.

• Agree
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Where were you the evening of August 31st?

• Haha
Reactions: I@ST1

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Couldn't happen to a more suitable exploiter of labor.

Nice little pork chop ya got here. Be a shame if somebody yoinked it.

Reactions: Turn2