1-3 in the Big 12 Meltdown Thread

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
This team is officially in last place in the Big 12.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
This game was strange in the sense that ISU outrebounded Texas by 7, had a higher shooting percentage, everything else being equal.

The one killer was the 3 point shot Texas outscored ISU by 21.

We do miss Naz Long getting hot from 3

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
Except for that game where we beat Cincy on the road.

And came back on a now ranked Iowa team at home.

And the one where we almost beat everyone's favorite Big12 team, OU at their place.

But you're right, after a few disappointing games this season, this group hasn't shown you anything in the years they've been here.

Cincy, not as good as we thought going into that game.

Iowa, yes, our best win of the season. Awesome comeback. I loved it.

OU, nice we played them close, still lose.

lose to a mediocre Texas team.

almost lose to a mediocre Texas tech team at home

lose to a decent Baylor team but at home.

Lose to a mediocre UNI team at a neutral site

blah blah play against several non conference teams where they seemed to sleep walk to a win.

Past years performances mean nothing.

I love the clones and hope they prove me wrong but right now they look like a middle of the pack Big 12 team who might be on the bubble come selection Sunday.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I know Georges had a good game for the most part, but he just gave his boilerplate interview on the radio again, it gets old. I'm thinking NIT

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Cincy, not as good as we thought going into that game.

Iowa, yes, our best win of the season. Awesome comeback. I loved it.

OU, nice we played them close, still lose.

lose to a mediocre Texas team.

almost lose to a mediocre Texas tech team at home

lose to a decent Baylor team but at home.

Lose to a mediocre UNI team at a neutral site

blah blah play against several non conference teams where they seemed to sleep walk to a win.

Past years performances mean nothing.

I I love the clones and hope they prove me wrong but right now they look like a middle of the pack Big 12 team who might be on the bubble come selection Sunday.

I'm not saying they are perfect, or don't have things to work on. Just pointing out your absurd assertion that they've done NOTHING to impress you.

Could argue they've done nothing since the OU game, but all season? They've had some flashes, just gotta keep up the focus on D all game. It's not due to a lack of effort.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
If Mckay learns to play defense again, we might win some games.
That and working on his inside game on offense. He is horrible unless he is getting dunks. It's not just him throwing up ridiculous shots, but also we have nobody crashing the boards. You'd think the guys would think "oh crap, Jameel is going for the shot I better get in there."

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Now we know why Chris Williams has been so bearish about this season, and Cyclone basketball going forward.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
This team is taking the same path as last years Texas team.
Last year, Texas was preseason ranked #10, climbed to #6, went 11-2 in the non-conf.
Then fell apart when Big 12 play started. Went 3-6 and fell out of the top 25.
Ended the regular season 19-12 (8-10).
11 seed in the NCAA tourney, lost opening round game to 6 seed Butler.

That team had a lot of talent, but just couldn't finish games.
I pray ISU's season doesn't take that path and our veteran players can figure things out.

GoSTATE71

May 19, 2008
I think a lot of this is on Prohm. He looks just as lost as a coach as our players do on defense. Players looking lost isnt their fault, its the coach. If he is doing his job, your players will be in position. Prohm sucks, I am over the honeymoon

Blandboy

Mar 31, 2006
Bettendorf
Except for that game where we beat Cincy on the road.

And came back on a now ranked Iowa team at home.

And the one where we almost beat everyone's favorite Big12 team, OU at their place.

But you're right, after a few disappointing games this season, this group hasn't shown you anything in the years they've been here.

EXACTLY!

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This team is taking the same path as last years Texas team.
Last year, Texas was preseason ranked #10, climbed to #6, went 11-2 in the non-conf.
Then fell apart when Big 12 play started. Went 3-6 and fell out of the top 25.
Ended the regular season 19-12 (8-10).
11 seed in the NCAA tourney, lost opening round game to 6 seed Butler.

That team had a lot of talent, but just couldn't finish games.
I pray ISU's season doesn't take that path and our veteran players can figure things out.
Also reminds me of Oklahoma State 2 years ago when they had little depth and Cobbins went down. Finished 8-10 in Big 12 and barely made it in. Many picked them to win conference that year.

BoomerClone

Oct 27, 2010
North Carolina
I'm not saying they are perfect, or don't have things to work on. Just pointing out your absurd assertion that they've done NOTHING to impress you.

Could argue they've done nothing since the OU game, but all season? They've had some flashes, just gotta keep up the focus on D all game. It's not due to a lack of effort.

never said they did nothing to impress me. That comeback against Iowa was impressive. I said they have done nothing to show that they are no better than a bubble team. Put their resume up against other teams with similar records that weren't as highly ranked in the pre season and I'm sure you will see what I mean. 1 win against a ranked team does not make for an impressive tournament resume so far. That can change and I hope it does but right now, they are a bubble team in my opinion.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Also reminds me of Oklahoma State 2 years ago when they had little depth and Cobbins went down. Finished 8-10 in Big 12 and barely made it in. Many picked them to win conference that year.
Yes, another great comparison.

Started preseason ranked #8. Climbed to #5. Went 12-1 non-conf.
Started off Big 12 play decent at 4-2, but went on a 7 game losing streak and dropped out of top 25.
Ended regular season at 20-11 (8-10).
Lost opening round in NCAA Tourney to 9 seed Gonzaga.

allday4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 25, 2012
Waterloo, IA
I think a lot of this is on Prohm. He looks just as lost as a coach as our players do on defense. Players looking lost isnt their fault, its the coach. If he is doing his job, your players will be in position. Prohm sucks, I am over the honeymoon

settle down, Timmy

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
Pouring a little out for my excitement about ISU basketball.