Iowa Beat Writers

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Okay, not technically “beat writers,” but I can’t help thinking a Gazette copy editor was throwing a little Chizik-era shade at ISU with this headline:

View attachment 127890

The biggest eastern Iowa hawk shill you'll ever meet. He never misses an opportunity to take a shot at ISU. That newspaper's sports team is gross.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Can someone get widdle Davie a kleenix? Poor boy is having a rough morning....

There are 32 better. Some didn’t declare, some can’t due to the 3 year rule. He probably means players in the draft, if so he’s still an idiot. Teams pick according to biggest needs many times. Teams needed offensive players, a hurt safety saying he is a corner is not going to get picked then.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think he incorrectly tweeted that Cooper DeJean was drafted by the 49ers in the 1st round. Ouch.
I think several entities were pranked on Dejean. Brandon Walker and some other Barstool guys fell for it as well.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
I think he incorrectly tweeted that Cooper DeJean was drafted by the 49ers in the 1st round. Ouch.
“That wasn’t a ‘fair draft’ signal! I didn’t see anything like that, that’s just how the 49ers run! What the hell is an ‘invalid fair draft’ signal anyway, sounds made up”

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
I'm just a little annoyed these NFL franchises didn't call David and get his take....
David and Chad are not really journalists, just a couple of fanboys with access to a computer….. they don’t know much about college athletics .
Dejean is by most accounts a pretty decent kid, and FB player, but like all his Defensive teammates they got the benefit of playing crap offensive teams. 7 of the BOTTOM 10 offensive teams were in the tiny ten last year, the Sukeyes played 6 of them and they were the 7.
JCooper and TJ Tampa are actually better defensively.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

The biggest eastern Iowa hawk shill you'll ever meet. He never misses an opportunity to take a shot at ISU. That newspaper's sports team is gross.
Glad to know I made the right decision cancelling my subscription in 2002. Mostly because there was lousy and/or zero coverage of ISU.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
imagine how hard he will yank his balls off if Tampa goes ahead of him.

LOL! Honestly, I don't think it's a stretch for Tampa to go first. He's a true cover guy who probably has a lot more tape going against good receivers and QB's compared to Cooper. Iowa's defense has feasted on dog nuts offenses for the last 10 years.