***Official 2024 Chicago Cubs Thread***

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Not even close to sarcastic. Just ******* brutally wrong.
lol okay bud. You want me to defend my point i will. Had he not been running on contact, bases would have been loaded, and he would have scored on the Cooper walk literally the next AB. Nothing brutally ******* wrong about it

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
lol okay bud. You want me to defend my sarcastic point i will. Had he not been running on contact, bases would have been loaded, and he would have scored on the Cooper walk literally the next AB
Look I'm an A-hole. Never denied it but you are ******* clueless if you think he shouldn't be running in that situation.

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
Look I'm an A-hole. Never denied it but you are ******* clueless.
How can I be clueless when pointing out that Wisdoms baserunning mistake cost them a run? I was half joking before, but the more we go through this, i dont think im that far off base.

FWIW this is CF. 95% of us are ass-holes

Reactions: CYdTracked

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
How can I be clueless when pointing out that Wisdoms baserunning mistake cost them a run? I was half joking before, but the more we go through this, i dont think im that far off base.

First your wrong. If he doesn't run they still get an out or possibly two. So there's no way he scores on a walk. In that situation you're going on contact You're going to put pressure on a bad defensive ball club.

Second if you were right ( which you aren't) Cooper gets pitched to differently so we can't assume anything if there wasn't an open base.

Hopefully my tirade at minimum taught you a little about the game.

• Haha
Reactions: RagingCloner

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
First your wrong. If he doesn't run they still get an out or possibly two. So there's no way he scores on a walk. In that situation you're going on contact You're going to put pressure on a bad defensive ball club.

Second if you were right ( which you aren't) Cooper gets pitched to differently so we can't assume anything if there wasn't an open base.

Hopefully my tirade at minimum taught you a little about the game.
No way is a double play turned on that weak dribbler. Sure, maybe there is one out made, which is the same situation had wisdom not gotten in the rundown. Now, I respect him staying in the rundown long enough for Swanson to get to second, but Cooper batting with the bases loaded probably does get pitched to differently, which may result in even more runs.

The tirades are enjoyable however

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013

How did Wisdom cost a run? Runners were first and third. After Wisdom had a run down, Morel ended up at third and Swanson ended up at second.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No way is a double play turned on that weak dribbler. Sure, maybe there is one out made, which is the same situation had wisdom not gotten in the rundown. Now, I respect him staying in the rundown long enough for Swanson to get to second, but Cooper batting with the bases loaded probably does get pitched to differently, which may result in even more runs.

The tirades are enjoyable however
You run on contact to avoid the doubleplay. You can't wait and analyze probabilities. The correct move is run. That takes the Doubleday out of the equation. You're right (on one and only one point) too slow to get two. But you don't know that in that moment. The game is faster than that.

This thread has plenty of posters ( more accurately posers) that say a part time 20 HR guy has no value to the bench. I'm going to post when he shows them their wrong. If you want to criticize that fine. But at minimum be accurate.

RivClone23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2007
West Des Moines
You run on contact to avoid the doubleplay. You can't wait and analyze probabilities. The correct move is run. That takes the Doubleday out of the equation. You're right (on one and only one point) too slow to get two. But you don't know that in that moment. The game is faster than that.

This thread has plenty of posters ( more accurately posers) that say a part time 20 HR guy has no value to the bench. I'm going to post when he shows them their wrong. If you want to criticize that fine. But at minimum be accurate.
Not to mention the contact play comes from the bench.

Reactions: Cyforce

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
How did Wisdom cost a run? Runners were first and third. After Wisdom had a run down, Morel ended up at third and Swanson ended up at second.
I think it was the same either way result wise right? Like either way we get an out and runners at 2nd and third? I was half asleep so may not be remembering right.

Reactions: RagingCloner

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022

To be fair I dont understand the posters that dont think wisdom has value

Reactions: Cyforce

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
And after ALL that effort and strategy to win this and set up the next, Alzolay gives up the lead. Poof.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Kopech for the White Sox has looked pretty good as a reliever this year. Guessing Sox would try to get a ton for him though. At least from the Cubs.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Concerning when your closer gives up bombs at the rate Alzolay is. Also wish Craig had gone to Busch or Belli when there was the opportunity