• Total voters

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My preferences,

ISU stuff. not all sports but will even watch a softball game since I know my wife would like to.

College Football
NFL
Mens College Basketball
Pro Hockey and then college Hockey depending on the team
UFC
major golf events

don't really watch anything else. I will get drug to a Twins game every year but I don't really care.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
Or one could fly a certain flag ;-)

Haliburton had NEVER been on national TV until he played his way onto national TV by almost winning that in season tournament in the middle of this year. He has fans flying from Asia to watch his games constantly yet American fans didn't even see him on tv. To me that's a sign of how badly they are missing opportunities to market young stars who happen to not be in massive markets.
1000% agree. Guys like Ant, SGA, Tyrese, Wemby are now in must see mode every night. Imo, the league has embraced the tik tok/Twitter highlight era too much and are ok with casuals learning about these guys through that avenue. Is it good or not? Idk.

You are kind of the NBA guy around here but I could probably self appoint myself as #2/3 up until this past year. I use to regularly watch a Monday night Magic/Rockets game on NBA tv to see how to young kids were developing.

I’ve noticed my nba interest usually depends on the season ISU is having. If we are good I pay more attention to college ball. When we are bad I gravitate towards the pro game.

I am absolutely fired up for the playoffs with all the new blood.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
1000% agree. Guys like Ant, SGA, Tyrese, Wemby are now in must see mode every night. Imo, the league has embraced the tik tok/Twitter highlight era too much and are ok with casuals learning about these guys through that avenue. Is it good or not? Idk.

You are kind of the NBA guy around here but I could probably self appoint myself as #2/3 up until this past year. I use to regularly watch a Monday night Magic/Rockets game on NBA tv to see how to young kids were developing.

I’ve noticed my nba interest usually depends on the season ISU is having. If we are good I pay more attention to college ball. When we are bad I gravitate towards the pro game.

I am absolutely fired up for the playoffs with all the new blood.

I think the Lakers in particular don't help this in terms of dominating the national tv games. Austin Reaves is an incredible young player to watch but at this point 40 year old LeBron and vet Davis as the 8th place team in the West are not drawing a single "new" viewer to the league.

I tend to like the teams that really play team basketball or have incredible playmakers/assist guys, the teams where the ball just flies around the court. The Pacers right now are so fun with Hali and McConnell both pushing the tempo equally.

Don't mean for this to go cave but for years there was this thought that a certain fan couldn't relate to the NBA because there were so few white players...well the two greatest players in the NBA are pasty white guys now yet as non-Americans they still aren't fully connecting with casual fans, just with true basketball junkies. I think if fans actually got to know Jokic or Doncic they'd at least love one of them from a personality standpoint (they have very different personalities) and their play is so revolutionary that anybody who hasn't seen them is not watching what basketball is in 2024. It would be like someone never watching Mahomes yet thinking they knew what football was all about in 2024.

• Agree
Reactions: ClubCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
College football: I'm practically an addict to the gluttony of games all day.

NFL: it's way more relaxing to watch for some reason but is great on Sundays.

MBB: still like it but not as much as I once did and I think CFB will go the same route for me.

Really don't get too involved in anything else.

When I was a kid I followed the NBA and MLB much more and was a general baseball fan. It just kind of died off for whatever reason.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Was really big into NASCAR growing up in the 90s. The sport was different when the Earnhardt’s and some of that old guard were still around. Was also a huge MLB fan growing up but blackout rules + rules changes have me only marginally interested these days.
I did like it better when there was some relationship to showroom cars. There are a really good group of drivers now: Larson, Chastain, William Byron, Blaney, etc. NASCAR seems determined to ruin the sport. Who was crying out for cars with single lugnuts and the infamous toelink? And then they've made them into engineering contests with so much aero and cutting the power. Local short track racing has always been good, though it doesn't get the fan support it deserves.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Love playoff hockey. In particular if a game 7 goes to OT. Quite literally, a team wins or loses the series in a blink of an eye. There’s just nothing else quite like it in sports.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
1. ISU FB
T2. KC Royals
T2. ISU MBB
Distant 3. Dallas Cowboys
4. PGA Tour
5. Minnesota Wild

Casually follow NASCAR, UFC

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
In this order

College Football
Men's basketball
NFL
MLB
Triple crown horse races
Track and Field

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
1. NFL (Bears)
2. CFB (Iowa)
3. MLB (Cubs)
4. WBB (Iowa)
5. MBB (Iowa)
6. NHL (Blackhawks)
7. Golf

It wasn't long ago that CFB would have been a clear #1 for me, but the past couple years of Iowa football have really brought the mood down and the Bears have at least been interesting, if not good. Over the past few years, MLB and WBB have gotten really close with the Cubs struggling for most of the past 5 years and Iowa WBB being very good (I started watching/following religiously in 2017-18).

• Puke
Reactions: dafarmer

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
Add Aussie Rules Football to the list. I still don't know all the rules but it's a great watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farnsworth

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
I said only NFL.

I like watching all iowa states televised game but I’m not watching a random college game for either sports.

I would watch an nfl football game even if I don’t have a fan allegiance to any team though.

SouthJerseyCy

Sep 6, 2008
Probably the only sport that I watch without some connection to the team is college wrestling. I'll watch almost any dual during the season.
NFL - Watch religously, but mostly for fantasy football purposes.
College football/MBB/WBB - is must see TV, but pretty much only teams that I have some tie to (ISU, or kid's alma maters)
MLB - Watch my team. Used to be every game, but that has tailed way off
NBA - Maybe a few playoff games.
Golf - Will watch parts of the majors, that's it.
UFC - Used to love it when it was first becoming popular. It's just WWE anymore, so can't stand it.
Hockey - Occassional playoff game, especially if the local team is involved which hasn't happened for some time.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
I care the most about Iowa State and Wisconsin (mostly football and basketball, but other sports as well) followed by college football and basketball and then soccer. Those are the sports I will watch at least once a week and follow.

I also really like international sporting events (the olympics/world cup/euros etc.)

I will also watch/listen to the occasional baseball, NBA, and hockey game.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
My wife would say I follow far too many sports religiously...

Iowa State Football
Iowa State MBB
Iowa State WBB
Iowa State Wrestling
Wisconsin Wrestling
Formula 1 (Ferrari)
Liverpool
Forward Madison FC
Chicago Cubs
Denver Broncos
Los Angeles Lakers
International Freestyle Wrestling
Winnipeg Jets

Not listed in a particular order

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If they were all on at the same time my order of priority would probably go:

CBB
CFB
NFL
MLB (Cubs only, don't care about the rest)
NBA
PGA

After that I start to really not care alot. I like watching USMNT games, but haven't really gotten into MLS. Hockey, racing, fighting don't do much for me.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron